1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL Junfac Shafts

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by RCaddictFromCT, Feb 5, 2016.

1. RCaddictFromCT

RCaddictFromCT New Member

2. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have Jungfac and MIP's on different rigs. I like the Junfac's because they have a pin retainer in the design but the "D" shape has a little slop in them. The MIP's are good also, with the star shape they are tighter but do not have pin retainers. Both are Carbon Steel. For me I don't mind the small amount of play, and I like saving money, plus the pin retainers are a great feature. Either way the IMHO are both great shafts. Ultimately the choice is yours... I'm not a fan of Amazon but we won't get into that... Just watch out for massive shipping and handling charges for purchases under $35

Dean

3. RCaddictFromCT

Why do you not like Amazon

4. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I just believe people should support their local hobby shop first and for most. Almost all shops will price match, plus you are helping to support a business/family in your community. And I have had issues with Amazon in the past, I do not want to go into any details.

Dean

5. RCaddictFromCT

Oh my LHS is an hour away and Amazon is just so much cheaper

6. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It's up to you what you choose to do... I won't hold it against you if you use Amazon... lol.

Dean

RCaddictFromCT likes this.
  7. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Im just throwing my .02 in here ive looked at stuff on amazon canada and prices look great until you go to checkout and see the unbelievable shipping and handling fees my local hobby shop is 5hrs away but i would rather throw them a web order and wait three days for my product and since i order frequently as well as my son the manager has hooked us up with a 5% discount and has always taken care of any problems or questions that arise. Thats something amazon wont give you in any meaningfull way like i said though just my honest opinion and .02

8. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I rarely buy from amazon , mostly ebay, rcplanet, rpphobby and rc4wd. but to answer the question absolutely junfac drive shafts are well worth the money, i've never owned mip or rc4wd punisher shafts so I can't compare, but i've been running a set of junfacs for over 3 years now and had no troubles at all, mine has gone through water, mud, snow, brushless power on 3 cell and 3 different rigs now. still going strong.

RCaddictFromCT and RustyWrench like this.
  9. RCaddictFromCT

Thank you very much, the only thing keeping me from buying them was those stupid Amazon RC newbs giving stuff bad reviews

10. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    if you're using them on an scx10 I suggest replacing the two set screws they come with, just exchange them for the pin screw from your stock shafts, unless its got the newer 3 piece hd wb8 shafts which uses a bigger head.

11. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    They probably didn't use threadlock!!