1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just bought a used tc4 have questions!rc drag racing?

Discussion in 'Race - Newbe Q' started by houstonrc, Feb 28, 2014.

1. houstonrc

houstonrc New Member

hello all i just bought a tc4 off a buddy of mine it hos a hot racing 10t brushless motor and hot racing 35 amp esc aluminum upgrades also! what kind of abuse can these cars take? camn my setup handle a 3s lipo he ran a 2s what kind of bodies are out there for a classic look (i would love a amc javelin) is there a steel gear setup and what is another good motor/esc combo for this car? thank you for any help in advance also if you have any vids pics of your tc4 lets see em

2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

to determine if the esc will take a 3s lipo ...you need to look up the specs on the exact model you have ..... if the max voltage is less than 11.1v then no .... as far as bodies go... measure your wheel base ..then shop bodies by scale (and check the wheel base specs... anything the right size will work ( may require modifying a mounting system. ) If drag racing is your goal I would look into sensored brushless ESC/motor combos that will handle 4-6 s and have programmable throttle curves .. adjustable timing ...ect maybe even attempt to put a 1:8 size ESC / motor in it ..... with the most rpms u can find or afford ....in brushless higher rpm= higher KV rating

3. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER