1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k 5 Blazer by vaterra

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by shadow 21, Nov 6, 2015.

1. shadow 21

shadow 21 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok I am getting the vaterra k 5 Blazer and I have thought about up grading the motor and esc as I already have the castle creations sct motor and esc combo I got for my 2wd slash I am considering it cause vaterra recommends a lipo batt but I am not sure if the stock esc has the lipo cut off please any info will help and love all the videos and pics I will get some up ASAP and thanks in advance

2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

3. shadow 21

ELiTE MEMBER

yep just found out about the difs wasnt even crawling just driving and it stopped and would not move so i picked it up and found a broke drive shaft front wheels would not move so i took it in the house and took the front dif apart and found a broken tooth in the front dif will be heading back to my local hobby shop

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

If they do not have the hardened diffs wait to get a set online. For drive shafts . MIP and Junfac are some of the best.

5. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Also when installing the new gears . it may be necessary to do a bit of shimming to get a perfect gear mesh. Between the ring and pinion inside the axle. A better mesh will make the gears last .

6. shadow 21

ELiTE MEMBER

will do i have found the drive shafts but can you send a link for the hardened diffs please

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

shadow 21 likes this.
  8. shadow 21

ELiTE MEMBER

thank you I saw those but was not sure if they were any good I thought there was others

9. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Idk for sure . I think they are the only option.??

10. shadow 21

ELiTE MEMBER

thank you for all of the help just a little fact I am a recovering addict and have been clean and sober for 15 years it is still a struggle but I am trying to keep sober and bond with my kids Thats why I am trying the rc scene

11. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

15 Yeats is awesome. I did 8 years if no alcohol . even though it's over now I get it. And I'm lucky enough to be responsible now. As I don't care to get drunk not even tipsy. .. And know I can let it go again. I replaced the brew with coffee..still a brew. Lol I have friends that have kicked way worse addictions. And others That I do not accoaite with because of their bad addiction. U can always pm me if u need to chat.

12. shadow 21

ELiTE MEMBER

thank you it always helps to have other people that know what you are going through

13. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

You are welcome.
    I can say for me to quit the first time . it took me 3 years to decide u wanted too. Then I quit cold Turkey. And told no one because I did not know if I could do it. But I did . and it felt good when my uncle thought I was in his wine . two months into quiting. For me to hand him a cup if coffee . he was surprised and helped me get my drivers license back.

lout likes this.