1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killer Krawler 2 Build Help

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by stonely0, Oct 25, 2018.

1. stonely0

stonely0 New Member

Dear guys,

I need help on advice and recommendation for my first 1/4 crawler from RC4WD that I will be building this holiday season. The problem is, I am encountering a lot of problem in sourcing for the electronics parts from various vendor located around the world.

My intended setup for the electronics will be

• all savox waterproof 1/5 scale servo
    • 2 RC4WD 750 size brush motors
    • QuicRun WP-860 Dual Brushed Waterproof 60A ESC For 1/8 RC CAR
    • BEC
    • Frysky 8 Channel Receiver
    • Frysky taranis qx7 stick radio
    - Is my ESC above good enough for the build?
    - How do i correctly wired the 2 steering servo from 1 axle to the receiver? Via a 'Y' cabe to 1 channel?
    - do i need a BEC? Could you kindly tell me which type and what brand?

Thanks.

#1 stonely0, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. bumbeckd

bumbeckd Active Member

First of all, while the Quicrun 1060, 60 amp esc is fine in it's proper application, that is not going to work well for you. You should look at the RC4WD Outcry 2 motor esc. It has lots of power and is made to run 2 motors. If you are flush with $, go for the Castle Mamba X, or Mamba Monster esc made for running 2 motors.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

3. bumbeckd

bumbeckd Active Member

Are you planning on running MOA's? Then look to monster truck set-ups with MOA'S. You will be in the right arena.

4. bumbeckd

bumbeckd Active Member

Regarding a BEC, or battery eliminator circuit, whether you need one or not will depend on the esc, the servo's and your intended usage. If you do end up needing one, installation is very easy and you'll get a lot of options and reliability out of the Castle WP 10 amp bec, if memory serves me. I've installed it on my Axial Yeti XL and my Losi Rock Rey, both with great results.

As for wiring your servo(s), yes, channel 1 for turn, 2 for burn, on your receiver. Whether you wire in lighting, a bec or perhaps 2 servos will prompt you to use 2 way or 3 way servo splitters.

5. bumbeckd

bumbeckd Active Member

For almost anything, this forum, other forums or YouTube will be great question/answer resources and how-to's. Good Luck, post your build so we can watch and enjoy with you.

6. stonely0

stonely0 New Member

When choosing the BEC, do i need to consider the 'A'? Like example 10A, 12A etc... if so, how do i decided which to choose? Based on my number of servo (i have 6 servos)?

You mention servo splitter wire, meaning i can use a servo splitter 'Y' cable for 2 servo in 1 channel?

Thanks

7. stonely0

stonely0 New Member

I have email RC4WD support checking on the Outcry 2 dual ESC, unfortunately, it only work for motor with 19T and above. The 750 size motor for Killer Crawler is 16T so it wont work together. Also, RC4WD mention that the 750 size motor only fits the killer crawler 2. Their 540 size motor wont fit without modification on the motor plate. I just bought the last 2 piece of 750 size motor from RC4WD and now it is out of stock. So far i saw in youtube that RC Spark studio modified his to fit a dewalt motor and pretty much not much people own this build. Those who did does not have a comprehensive build video, only just some clips

I am scoring through different forum gathering info as much as i can but its a tiring process.

walter likes this.