1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lipo help

Discussion in 'Monster Trucks' started by orlando 149, Apr 29, 2017.

1. orlando 149

orlando 149 Active Member

So i was charging a 5800 2s lipo and like about 45 min into it i had a power outage now what shud i do put it in the car not completeley charge or put it back to charge thanks

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

2. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

remove the battery from the charger, turn the charger on, reattach the battery to the charger and set the charger settings for a normal balance charge, and start the charger like you normally would

I'm assuming that you have a smart charger, as a smart charger will adjust itself to just finish the charge that is already partially completed - if you don't have a smart charger, then my advice to would be to just run that battery in your vehicle, then get in your car/online and buy a smart charger if you are going to be playing with lipos

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way

3. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Balance charge, always balance charge at 1c. Your batteries will thank you for it. If your charging session get interrupted for any reason do as @mudholestomper said just start charging again. A smart charger will finish it off from where it left off.

Here are a few rules I follow when charging my LiPo batteries.
    Always use a LiPo Safe.
    Always Balance Charge at 1c.
    Never leave batteries fully charged more than a day or two.
    Always put the batteries back into Storage Mode when done with them.
    Check batteries every month to make sure their voltage is good.

I have a couple of packs from 2011 that must have 100 plus cycles on them and they are still running strong. No puffing or swelling still have a good solid burst rate.

Dean

4. orlando 149

yeah thats what i have .being doing ....at 1c no more even tho battery can handle it i don't do it ....am new into this of lipo ,on my days there was thing like today so i follow all the tips i get and make sure is the right one .sometimes ppl qull give u stupid suggestion....so thank again

5. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have to be honest I have broken my always balance and 1c rule on the occasion. But that was because we were racing and needed a battery like NOW... lol. I've been in the hobby and using LiPo's for coming up to 9 years now. I have ruined my share of LiPo's early on. But ever since I followed the method I described to you, my LiPo issues have gone away long time ago.

Oh one other thing don't leave your LiPo's sitting out in the hot sun. Try and atleast keep them shaded.

Dean

6. orlando 149

thanks

7. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

@RustyWrench

I'm a stickler for putting a nice balance charge on my packs each time I use them, but there really isn't a need for being so OCD with your lipos (as you've experienced)

In fact, you can get away with just doing standard, non-balance charges and only balance charging when you notice the cells getting unbalanced for the majority of your charges

So it's just a good idea to keep an eye on your cell balance in general and it certainly won't hurt them in any way to do an occasional quick charge or non-balance charge

Any decent smart charger will have a "fast" charge option that is even more "loose" when it comes to what and how many parameters the charger concerns itself with with the charger giving up balancing and accuracy for time savings and some loss of capacity

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way

8. RustyWrench

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

Dean

#8 RustyWrench, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017