1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Decision?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by PRCCustoms, Jul 16, 2014.

1. PRCCustoms

PRCCustoms New Member

So my friend and I are starting an RC upgrading, and fixing company. We would be sponsoring races and stuff like that. Yes, the name has changed from my username. It's now Python RC Customs (PRCC). I have two logos. We are looking for something that would catch your eye and is nice and aggressive. Please tell me which one you like better.

[​IMG]

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I fine the one on top looks better and meaner.

3. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I love the style, but I personally think they both are a little heavy on the lines... But hey I'm no artist and really what does it matter what I think, it's your Logo... If I had to choose from the two of them I would go with the bottom one...

Dean

4. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the one on top the eyes look more real.
    both logos are very complicated and if I had not read the thread first I was having a hard time recognizing what they were.
    but I think that is because I am not very bright. I like your python logo idea a lot.
    I have a maxstone 5 that I call snakeskin cowboy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsIHuCQLomA&list=UU5_V9wwp_n0xTSpvIL7zydA
    it has faux python skin instead of paint.
    when I was a young kid I heard a funny story and now that I am older I rewrote the story for the rc community
    if you like snakes and you like rc's you might like this story.
    when you get your company going you can print out this story after changing it to seem like it was written about you.
    and hang it on the wall of your rc shack or print flyers for advertising your company. advertise on the front and print the story
    on the back if people like the story they will keep it to show their friends. and pass on your advertising at the same time.
    best of luck and if you like the story make it your own.
    I am going to put the story in a post following this one just in case you like it , it will be easier to copy and paste
    I am just an rc freak that likes snakes. I hope you like and can use it.

#4 Monkeypiarat, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  5. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

have you heard about Nate the rc snake?

the owner of nate the rc snake was an rc FREAK ,
    he made nate the rc snake's home, a hole on top of a small hill.
    at the bottom of the hill,
    the rc freak had the rc shack on the side of the road where he sold rc stuff,
    much the way that in some places they sell fireworks,
    but not fireworks it was rc parts.
    on the other side of the road from the shack, that was at the bottom of the hill,
    which had the hole that was the home of nate the rc snake on top of.
    across the road from THAT was a lever.
    and that very lever was connected to a device ,that every one who saw it thought could destroy the world.
    this lever was located on a place ,that at one time was the worlds biggest fireworks stand.
    BUT that is a different story.
    ANYWAY.
    everybody thought that the lever would distroy the world.
    but I think that it was because the rc freak put a sign next to the lever that said
    "hey everebody if you pull this lever it will destroy the world".....ANYWAY,,
    every morning, COMPLETLY BY REMOTE CONTROL!
    nate the rc snake would come up out of his hole that was his home, and go down the hill to the rc shack.
    where he would do a snake like crawl, around the rc shack ,like a snake ,COMPLEATLY BY REMOTE CONTROL!
    much the same way a real snake would slither.
    but not slither.
    he would crawl because of the remote control.
    after the snake like behavior, the rc freak, COMLETELY BY REMOTE CONTROL!
    would have nate the rc snake cross the road,
    and crawl all over the lever ,
    that everybody thought would distroy the world because it was connected to a divice that would destroy the world.
    OR, they read the sign....ANYWAY
    on this one morning, the rc freak had just finished smoking I mean drinking his coffee,
    when he grabbed his rc controler, and swiched on the power.
    and nate the rc snake crawled out of his the hole that was his home, and down the hill to the rc shack.
    where the rc freak did some much needed maintainance and upgraded the battery from nimh to a 2s lipo.
    after upgrading the battery ,the rc freak did a test run around the rc shack.
    AND had nate the rc snake crawl around like a snake.
    after crawling around like a snake.
    the rc freak decided that he needed to upgrade to a brushless esc motor combo from RC4WD...
    BUT that is an other story...ANYWAY
    the rc freak thought that he would ,just like every morning ,have nate the rc snake crawl across the road.
    and crawl all over the lever that everybody thought would distroy the world because it,,,,,,,,
    OK. OK. IT WAS THE SIGN,,,,
    the rc freak put up this stupid sign that said "HEY EVERYBODY if you pull this lever it will distroy the world".
    (are you happy now?)......ANYWAY
    The rc freak proceded to have nate the rc snake crawl across the road,
    to crawl all over this lever that would distroy the world.
    he had just entered the first lane, when on the horizon appeared a semi truck going at a high rate of speed.
    I mean he was haulin as...smuch rc parts as he could fit into th back of his truck.
    at first he was going to order the stuff on line, BUT, he decided to get it all at the local hobbie shop..ANYWAY
    seeing the rc shack, the truck driver thought he would pull in to the rc shack,
    to see if he could make his X01 with the mamba monster go any faster.
    because some of these regular rc's are really fast,but that is another story. ANYWAY.
    he went to pull in to the rc shack. he stepped on the brake AND Ill be darned there was no brakes.
    it was kind of like stepping on a cockroach.
    you step on it and it makes this kind of crackel noise but nothing really happens.
    it was like that.
    but not with a cockroach. it was his brakes...ANYWAY
    the truck driver hit the brakes and nothing happened,
    so he begins to panic,
    he looks to the left,and he sees this sign that says
    "hey everybody if you pull this lever it will distroy the world".
    he looks to the right,
    and sees the rc shack with this dude standing out front,
    and he could not tell if this dude was freaking out, OR, if he was just some kind of rc freak.
    then he looks right in his lane,
    and he see what looks like an exceed maxstone 5 with a metal gremlin body with fake snakeskin.
    then he remembers that was a youtube video that he saw on the RCSPARKS forum.
    and it must be a real snake.
    because some of these scale rc look like the real thing. ANYWAY.
    While all this is happening ,the rc freak sees what is happening and starts to freak.....
    and now he is a freaking rc freak.
    he looks across the street, and sees the lever that everybody thinks will distroy the world.
    he looks at the semi. and the driver is freaking out. OR, he is just some kind of truck driving freak.
    realizing what is going on, he realizes, that nate the rc snake is crawling right in the middle of the road.
    and this semi is comming at a high rate of speed.
    so he knows what to do. he has got to get nate the rc snake out of the way of the semi.
    he hits the throttle, and nate the rc snake goes crawling just as fast as he can.
    and then, everything went in to slow motion. just like when you turn your go pro down to 15 frames per second.
    but not with a go pro. because this was real.
    the rc freaks mind begins to race. and the rc freak thinks to himself.
    I should have changed the gearing and put in the brushless esc motor combo if I wanted to go fast,
    because this 2s lipo just isnt enough by itself.
    the semi driver looks at the lever that will distroy the world.
    the semi driver looks at the freaking rc freak.
    and the semi driver makes the desision,,,,,,these crawlers dont go as fast as the regular rc's.
    and WHAMO he runs over nate the rc snake.
    The moral of the story my friends......
    BETTER NATE THAN LEVER.
    unless you are an rc freak.
    then the moral of the story is.....
    just a lipo battery in a rc crawler is not enough by itself, if you want to go really fast,
    you have to change your gears and upgrade to a brushless motor and esc ......
    but that is another story.

by MONKEYPIARAT ...RC FREAK
    and NATE THE RC SNAKE....... ALIAS: SNAKESKIN COWBOY

THAT WAS FUNNY RIGHT THERE .UNLESS ITS TRUE THEN ITS NOT FUNNY...IT COULD HAPPEN.

#5 Monkeypiarat, Jul 16, 2014
  6. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If i had to choose between the two then i would say the top one. However personally i think they are both very complicated for a logo. Considering that this is for RC have you thought what they might look like on a much smaller scale? If your going to have people sporting your logo on their rigs most people would have "scale" sized decals, because of the complex nature of your logo it might look like mush on a small scale.
    I in no way mean to disrespect your work, personally i quite like it. but from an RC company logo perspective it might just be a bit much. That's just my opinion.

7. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    I agree. Scaled down it may just be a little too busy.

8. MonsterMark

MonsterMark Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the top one but agree that you could make it look the same with fewer lines

9. PRCCustoms

PRCCustoms New Member

Thanks guys. I'll make a less detailed one and post here and see what you all think.

10. LPRC

LPRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Heavy on lines

I won't sugar coat just because I want the logo to be good and so you don't have to change it later on

They both suck
    &
    I will definitely buy some upgrades from you guys once you get going!!

11. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

I would like to apologize for my earlier post,
    saying that your logos were complicated was just my opinion because I could not find better words at the moment.
    in my haste to state my honest opinion , I left out an important detail.
    and that is the part where I praise the time and effort that you put into your ideas because that shows that it is important to you and the fact that you would ask for opinions shows you care.
    and that is what will make you a success.
    that being said .
    I would like to say that for some one to say that I want to help you so I am going to tell you that your stuff sucks and try to pass it off as not sugar coating things is NOT a valid opinion and has no value to help or add any thing positive.
    and in fact if you ask any mental health professional,, to offer some one assistance and then say their stuff sucks
    has not or will ever produce anything positive. and is a statement of hopeless negativism.
    good luck and I believe that I will get off the forums for a while and have a cup of coffee and come back later when I can have a more positive attitude.
    1 more thing it just my opinion that if you don't have anything nice to say that you should use the emoticons to avoid being rude I thought that is what they were for.:pissedoff: :confused: thanks for your time.

#11 Monkeypiarat, Jul 19, 2014
  12. PRCCustoms

PRCCustoms New Member

Okay guys, here is the less detailed version. To me it looks a little empty, but I want to know if you guys think it would be good. If you think anything should be added or taken away please let me know.

[​IMG]

13. PRCCustoms

PRCCustoms New Member

Thanks for your input! But why do "They both suck"?

14. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

it is my opinion that I would like to see two fangs or small teeth but all in all I think the logo is excellent and when you feel that the logo is what YOU want for your company I will want to have one of those logo stickers for my self. VERY COOL!

15. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

it needs a lower lip or jaw and small teeth

16. LPRC

LPRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sorry PRC customs I didn't mean to be rude they were just very heavy on lines and complicated or maybe it's just me

And I didn't give any input because I am not very artistic :(

Anyways
    The new logo is much easier to understand and they actually look very good

Did you draw them??? :)

IF you think you need more detail which you could do what monkeypiarat said and make small fangs which I think would look really good
    & I'm getting a the first sticker :) lol

17. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

I see that LPRC is a stand up guy and has some positive input indeed! way to go friend.

18. LPRC

LPRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ya monkeypiarat I wasn't thinking how it would sound it sounded better in my head

19. Monkeypiarat

ELiTE MEMBER

all good here friend, I was not understanding or as positive I would like. and want only good things for all. :haveaniceday:
    and I am sure you will make a good friend for one and all.

20. PRCCustoms

PRCCustoms New Member

Thanks guys! I'll make another version maybe tomorrow night or Monday. So a lower lip thing and teeth??