1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at 3 different models.

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by BigMike81, Sep 8, 2013.

1. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Could really use some pro type input. I am looking at a t-28 Trojan by parkzone, a Focke Wulf 190 by parkzone, and a Focke Wulf fw 190 by flyzone. Anyone have experience with these models? I could use some pros and cons, really open to all three, just want to make the best informed decision for the money to spend.

2. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I currently have a super cub and a great planes lancair which I converted to brushless power. The lancair should not have been a second plane that is why I am seeking advise. The lancair is pretty maneuverable and is difficult to keep up with for me. I will likely get the parkzone Focke Wulf 190.

3. RegY

RegY New Member

how about if you stay with high winged ones for now still? just 4 or 5 channel ones?

i think you might enjoy something like a multiplex.... fun cub or a mentor...

i'm just starting to fly, but i got a fun cub already assembled, and waiting for my experience to build.... my trainer is a trainstar, also high wing... and if you ask me, they're way good for the intended purpose, and even some stunt flying sometimes. plus they both have flaps.

Cheers,
    Reg

4. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks Reg, I will consider that for my current situation, and hopfully get enough skill to fly more performance oriented low wing planes.

5. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

ya I need more practice. I was just taxying arond caught air and broke another wing, I think I'm just going to stick with foam.

6. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I would go with the FW 190 from parkzone Why? I believe parkzone makes better products than fly zone and I like the look of the FW more than the Trojan. It's really all about what you think looks best - all parkzone warbirds perform in a VERY similar way. Most have just about the same electronics setup - it's just the frames that are different. Have you looked at parkzones corsairs? Also what are you looking for in a plane - Scale? Performance? Speed?

7. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I think parkzone is a top notch company that make high quality models. I think I am looking for scale type performance. I never have looked at the corsair, what are the pros to that one?

8. MrSTUDofRC

ELiTE MEMBER

The corsair just looks extremely cool - and like other parkzone warbirds will have more than enough power
    Here it is - they sell it BNF too: ParkZone: F4U Corsair RTF (PKZ4600)

And if you are pretty good at flying you could check out some EDF jets - Here is a review of one of my favorites:
    Hobby-Lobby / eRC F/A 18E Super Hornet 90mm ARF
    You can get it from Hobby-Lobby's site
    If you are a GOOD flyer and like the scale look of jets there are more CHEAPER options like the ParkZone Habu 2(ParkZone Habu 2 EDF BNF Basic (PKZ7150) | Horizon Hobby - Radio Control R/C Planes, RC Airplanes, RC Helis and Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Truggys, RC Boats, RC Radios, RC Engines, parts, hop-ups, and accessories) or the Eflite UMX HABU Ultra Micro(E-flite UMX Habu 180 DF BNF Basic with AS3X Technology (EFLU4450) | Horizon Hobby - Radio Control R/C Planes, RC Airplanes, RC Helis and Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Truggys, RC Boats, RC Radios, RC Engines, parts, hop-ups, and accessories)

Corsairs usually go for sale used a lot on craigslist - well warbirds always go on sale because people usually buy a lot of them and then have to thin out their collection - if you want the corsair don't buy it new - buy it used if you can find it - learned that the hard way - if you want to sell a used RC you really dont lose much -if you are selling an RC you bought new then you lose some money - they go for around 100.00 BNF on craigslist - the Super Hornet never goes on sale used because not many people own jets because they are soooo fast they are very hard to fly - so if you want the super hornet you will have to get it new.

Prices:
    Corsair RTF New: $280.00
    Corsair BNF New: $250.00
    Corsair BNF Used: $100.00
    Any other warbird from Parkzone will cost about the same - once again they all go for sale used so look on craigslist or classifieds on forums before you buy new.

Super Hornet with parts needed to complete: ~$700-1000.00(depends on what parts you buy)
    Habu 2 BNF New: $300.00
    UMX Micro Habu BNF New: $125.00

My last question:

Do you have an aircraft transmitter?

9. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Thank you so much for the help. I'm an intermediate pilot with good basics. I'm still mastering my greatplanes lancair for my low wing experience. Really appreciate that information and will wait a little longer for an EDF. Yes I do have an aircraft transmitter, it is a dx6i and so far I use it on my super cub my lancair and my helis, nano cpx and mcpx.

10. MrSTUDofRC

ELiTE MEMBER

No problem man! - good choice waiting on an EDF - I went in as an intermediate pilot and found myself paying for a lot of parts - the local hobby shop LOVED me:) Anyways, that's good that you have a dx6i - because most all used models do not come with a transmitter and of course If you choose to buy new BNF is a wee bit cheaper.

11. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I know what you mean about the hobby shop loving you. Every time I get something new I can almost see the smiles on their faces knowing I'll be buying lots of parts. I definately lik the dx6 too cause it can do flaps and landing gear as well, something to grow with, if you will.