1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking at getting a axial scorpion RTR

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by anthony16243, Dec 1, 2011.

1. anthony16243

anthony16243 New Member

Hi guys,
    i am looking at getting my first rock cralwer. I am looking at getting a axial scorpion rtr i want to know if it is a good rock crawler to start off with or if there is any other types of rock crawlers out there that are good to start off with plz let me know

thanks Anthony

:)

2. TheWheelman

TheWheelman Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well pretty much yea...it's the best. Best after-market, Best support, Best bang for your buck. there are others, losi would be a good second choice.

3. Leo_rcc

Leo_rcc New Member

If you are pretty handy with installing your own electronics, it may well be worth it to get the ARTR version instead of the RTR. Some parts of the ARTR (Almost ready to run) are hop-up parts the RTR lacks, like aluminium chassis links, better upper deck, steering links. All in all you'd get a better car for a minimum of effort. The car is 80% complete, all it takes is a motor, servo, battery, and transmitter/receiver. It will be slightly more expensive, but you'd end up with a much better car for it.

4. Comp Crawler

Comp Crawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yeay it would be good to get the ARTR but they don't make it anymore. The ax10 scorpion would be a good starter truck though :)