1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 1/5-1/8 recommendation.

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by DerrickDonahue, Aug 21, 2016.

1. DerrickDonahue

DerrickDonahue New Member

I have an Emaxx that I've posted on here and I love the truck but I didn't know all the different Emaxx/tmaxx versions out there because I was new to this. I bought a roller and built it but I continue to break everything on it because of all the weaker versions and so far I am about 800$ total into the truck. Only thing left now is the differentials that I haven't completely replaced yet. Is this thing a money pit? And anybody recommend a durable 1/5 or 1/8 scale monster truck? I know you get what you pay for but money aside?

2. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    OK.. Define the reason why you think its a money pit ?
    What have you replaced the most on the truck ?

3. DerrickDonahue

DerrickDonahue New Member

Ok, bought a t-maxx chasiss but thought it was an emaxx. It had the emaxx long wheelbase chassis which is why I made the mistake. I didn't know all the differences with the drivetrain which is what was still a tmaxx. I've upgraded the axles, changed the inner differentials on both axles, body mounts, a few shocks, skid plates, knuckles, then the rest is servos, motor, ect. A lot of the stuff had stripped screws so I've had to replace a lot of plastic parts like bulkheads, bumpers, ect. because it would come apart while bashing. I know it's part of the hobby but Id rather have a truck that lasts more than 15 min without having to run to the hobby store. I'm guessing it's just from my own mistakes of buying it without enough research but would just like some advice, and would like a size up in electric as well.