1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losi build NEED HELP

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by JaStaggs, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JaStaggs

JaStaggs Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Need suggestions on motor and battery set up. I want to get this car to push 100 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verizino likes this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm not sure which power combo will get you up to that speed, but I do know that handling will be a problem. Your steering needs to be tight and precise, and you need to have good tires.

mudholestomper and JaStaggs like this.
  3. JaStaggs

JaStaggs Member

That's true, the steering is pretty tight on it from what I can tell, I don't know anything about this car I got it real cheap, I'm mostly a badger guy but I figured it would be cool do do some street stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mudholestomper

mudholestomper Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Those are great points and are important considerations, but, when you are talking about building an RC with 100mph capabilities, the issues you mentioned represent only a tiny fraction of the design/engineering/precision/perfectionism, and mysterious aerodynamic wizardry that will all continually test and challenge your design decisions

Sent from my Apple iPhone 7…which, as you know, clearly defines me as being superior to you in every way

5. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    That is a Discontinued Losi XXX-S Sport. http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdID=LOSA0285 So first of all I don't think it is wise to set it up to go 100. You will burn up a belt in your first run, these things just aren't designed for that kind of speed. Parts are getting extremely hard to find go ahead and try and source out a new belt...

I have one of these Losi XXX-S Sport Graphite Version. She is a shelf queen now, I do take her out for a run once in a while, I managed to find 2 new replacement belts. We are using a 25Amp ESC model number 25A-SL-H and 3300kV motor combo and run it on 3s LiPo this is more than fast enough for the car to get real squirrely at speed.

I may be willing to part with mine if you want a parts car. I have spare spools, spur, 2 belts and a the stock and modded pulley, Anti Roll Bars, 2 bodies and a bag of other stuff.

Shoot me a message if your interested.
    Dean

Verizino likes this.
  6. soup

soup Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You might be superior to others but not to me.
    For a start this isn't an Apple product which automatically makes me superior to you.
    This was made by me so that also makes me superior to you.
    and it has a 4790K proccesor rather than the titchy A10 fusion that you have so again superior.
    ... and a 980 graphics card and a 1GB hard drive and a 125MB solid state drive and a sabre tooth motherboard MKII no less
    So Soup is superior to mudholestomper in every way, so yah~boo~sux. ;P)

;O)

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

2200 KV and 6S highest C rating and mah you can fit and afford ... listen to the other Knowledgeable folks also ... A traxxas Slash 4x4 can make a decent 100mph rig after changing the wheels to the traxxas XO1 wheels or other good options ... you want a model with some good RPM brand after-market support ... that is if you would like to drive it more then once ... watch some 100+ MPH youtube videos ... you can see several XO1 videos where the rc explodes on any impact ... and some RPM slashes flip and tumble and run again with no repair ... Some where the battires are not up to the challenge and the rc burst into flames

spawn likes this.
  8. spawn

spawn Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    1 of my tc3s whent up in flames mabe 70 before smash

9. Verizino

Verizino Member

Castle creations do a 7700kV system with esc which would more than complete the build given the chassis and your current parts could handle it. The system can run up to 6s and will be insanely fast.
    I'd listen to what Rusty Wrench said before you dive into the project, but if its all good then this is it
    https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/279138/
    Good luck with the project!