1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losi DBXL 4x4 Buggy - Unboxing (Gas Powered, 1/5th Scale Desert Buggy

Discussion in 'RC ADVENTURES - Off Road & Rally' started by RCSparks, Jan 25, 2014.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    RC ADVENTURES - Losi DBXL 4x4 Buggy - Unboxing (Gas Powered, 1/5th Scale Desert Buggy XL) - YouTube

the RCSparks Studio Welcomes EVERETT Back into the Spotlight as we both unbox this new 1/5th Scale Monster Machine!! GAS POWERED and Looking MEAN, the Losi DBXL is nothing short of amazing to look at. I can see why this platform all on its own, as its sleek design and smaller Buggy Style chassis, at first glance - looks well built! The Gas Powered engine is a 23cc starter engine (good start for the money).. but everything about this rig is certainly unique!

Here is a link to the information on the Horizon Hobby Site:
    Losi Desert Buggy XL: 1/5th 4WD Buggy RTR (LOS05001) | Horizon Hobby - Radio Control R/C Planes, RC Airplanes, RC Helis and Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Truggys, RC Boats, RC Radios, RC Engines, parts, hop-ups, and accessories

Here is Some of the Key Information direct from the Horizon Site:

Features

Full 4WD capabilities
    Pull start 23cc gasoline engine
    Machined ring and pinion gear
    740cc gas tank
    Integrated adjustable servo saver
    5mm aluminum chassis
    Dual disk brakes
    Sealed differentials
    Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4GHz radio system included

Built big and bold to deliver high impact excitement, the Losi® Desert Buggy XL™ vehicle makes its presence known with a roaring 23cc gasoline engine. This Losi 1/5th scale buggy powerhouse is designed to withstand the rigors of intense off-road driving with a terrain-killing 4WD drivetrain and a heavy-duty construction that pulverizes the terrain at ballistic speeds. With a rigid injection molded roll cage built on a reinforced 5mm aluminum chassis, the Desert Buggy XL can withstand the punishment of the most brutal driving styles. The Desert Buggy XL is also in for the long haul with a large-capacity gas tank that provides over 40 minutes of relentless action on a full tank. When maintenance is a necessity, the roll cage can be removed for easy access to the chassis. The Losi Desert Buggy XL vehicle is large scale RC driving excitement at its most satisfying.

Needed To Complete

87--93 Octane Gasoline
    2-Cycle Oil
    Gas Can
    Battery Charger

2. kelownaCRAWL

kelownaCRAWL Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That thing is awesome!! About what hp do you think it makes as it sits with 23cc, thats probobally not going to stay long?

3. rookie101

rookie101 Member

Very nice Aaron!
    I've just finished doing most of the break in on mine and installed the Bartolone pipe and clutch bell carrier on it. If you and Everett want to borrow it to do a head to head with a totally stock unit and one with a pipe let me know.

[​IMG]

#3 rookie101, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  4. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks beast, can't wait to see what you do to it. At least show us what the thing can take.:yuush:

5. LST04

LST04 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Absolutely BEAST! :haveaniceday: Can't wait to see it action...

6. afazio09

afazio09 Member

Media:
    That buggy is totally sick. Can't wait for the run video!

7. SVTguy

SVTguy New Member

Hi Medic, good to see you got your Losi DBXL!!! I'm in Calgary and bought one of the first ones PM Hobbycraft brought in about two weeks ago. So far I ran a couple a tanks thought it and its been great to drive!

Check your fuel filter, mine was on the return line and air filter was over oiled. I've also had to lean it way out past factory carbs settings to get it to run decently here at altitude. Also check your gas tank, as the screws holding it down tend to come lose.

I ordered the Bartolone tuned pipe, Carrier, and 28.5cc bore up kit from Dave's discount motors a couple of weeks and they are here and ready to go on! The mod bug hit me pretty fast with this buggy. I'll probably run the pipe for a couple of tanks first to see what difference that makes before doing the head swap.

It would be cool to run a tuned pipe DBXL against a stock one to see how much difference it really does make. Let me know if your interested in running them before you mod?

Cheers

#7 SVTguy, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  8. Akumazeto

Akumazeto New Member

Bump for updates