1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOSI Micro T Review

Discussion in 'Mini Racers' started by Drachen, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Drachen

Drachen Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So i picked up a losi micro "t" today at hobby town, got an extra battery and pulled it out of the box.

Im not too impressed with it so far... Ive put about six packs through it... 5 minutes per pack.... I'm kinda concerned with the durability... my friend snapped his back "a" arm after he ran it off a table and my antenna wrapping came lose exposing the wiring... Im also not very impressed because the receiver is a 27MHz AM... no 2.4 and i get a hell of a lot of interference, and the distance sucks... i was really bummed that losi would let a crap product like this be released to the consumer....:tttt:

if anybody has had similar issues please comment below...

2. mebsde

mebsde Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well, I do not have the Micro T; I have a Micro Desert Truck (DT) and a High Roller. The HR is bone stock, the DT doesn't contain any stock parts except the gears in the transmission ;-)

I completely rebuilt the DT... aka 'How to turn a 90 Dollar toy into a 350 Dollar Micro Nightmare!'
    It has:
    7.4v 300mAh lipo
    Xcelorin 10250 Brushless motor
    Xcelorin 6Amp ESC
    3 Wire steering servo
    2.4GHz Ko-Propo Receiver
    Every part imaginable changed to aluminum
    Carbon Fibre Chassis
    Aluminum shocks
    Stainless Steel Screws
    Bearings
    Oh... and I am running one other stock part.. the Wheels and Tires.

All the mods make this thing front heavy. It doesn't jump very well anymore, but it holds together. It is 2-3 times as fast as it was with stock battery and motor, meaning when it hits something.. it's going to hurt. (my wallet that is)

My biggest complaint with it currently is that I cannot keep the stupid screws tight. It doesn't matter how much Locktite I put on them, they keep rattling loose. I have to check everything after every run. Other than that, it's a fun toy.. now that range and speed issues are fixed. Everyone that sees it is stunned that a little RC is so built and so FAST. It's definitely not a 90.00 toy anymore.

Now, is all of this worth it? Probably not. I started out just wanting to make it brushless and 2.4, then kinda went overboard. Aluminum parts were cheap at Asiatees.. so as I broke stuff I bought aluminum replacements and a few 'extras' each time. It adds up in a hurry.

3. scx10creeper84

scx10creeper84 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I personally wouldn't have expected much from a micro, not to say that they arent fun.

4. Drachen

Drachen Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Its a very fun little car but its hard justifying 20 dollars to buy 50 cents of aluminum every time something breaks... i also will be switching to 2.4 IMMEDIATELY... i need an excuse to buy a nice spektrum radio so i can run all my trucks on one controller...