1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losi Night Crawler - What's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by 10 Gauge, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Anyone had a chance to check one of these out? They have a Bind-N-Drive version of it out now which would save me some jing. The price is right, it's from my favorite company, I want one. Anyone seen one in action, are they a decent first crawler for the price?

Please take in to account that I'll never compete with this thing, ever. It will strictly be just a pleasure & enjoyment free time killer for me. :)

2. Krazy Joe

Krazy Joe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I own one and for an out of the box crawler it is the best bang for your buck i have had mine all winter and only went through 2 motors ---now i run all TEKIN esc and motor!!! oh yeah check it out in the vids RUDE BOYS RC

3. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks Joe. I think I'm gonna get one to bust my crawling cherry. :)

4. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What does it cost vs the rtr Wraith ?

For a basic crawler/ basher the losi is a good choice i'd say too .
    But not the only one .
    The BnD is a great idea ,that can make the difference just by the price maybe .
    Your gonna have a blast with whatever you buy and I think Losi or Axial ,you are going to be ok as far as parts support anyway .

I like the look of the new Axial myself .

5. Ramstein

Ramstein Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have used Joe's Losi and I have to say I am impressed with it. It works well and with a few upgrades it can be very competitive. For just fooling around with yeah its a great out of the box rc crawler. Though I have to say having the worm gear come stock is a bonus for that any roll back when climbing things.

6. perrycagle

perrycagle New Member

you can get a maxstone 10 for $124 and it is said to be a twin to a ax10

7. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

Well if this deal falls through I'm working out to get my hands on a Losi Muggy then I'll either be doing a complete servo upgrade on my LST or getting the Night Crawler. Can't decide which to do. :D

8. Scott

Scott Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Both are very worthwhile things to do. What servo's do you have in your Losi right now? You can probably get away with one good steering servo rather than 2 lesser ones. Then the servo's you have in your steering, one can be used in your throttle.

9. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

I played with the single steering servo mod but it's just not worth it, if that one servo dies ur f*d. I'm using decent Futaba upgrades in their now for the steering but I am going to move to a pair of Titanium geared ultra torque servo's and ditch the servo savers all together. I'm also going to replace the brake/throttle servo for some faster transit time and more steadfast braking.

666oz of torque ought to be enough to rip around the tires on the LST, whatcha think? hahahahaha

10. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

Evil! :evilish:

11. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

My truck will be rockin' the sign of the beast! lol