1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losi Rock Crawler, Axial AX10 or HPI Crawler King - POLL

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by RCSparks, Mar 19, 2011.

?

Out of these 3, Which do you think is the BEST?

1. Losi Night Crawler

29.3%
  2. Axial AX10 Scorpion

61.2%
  3. HPI Crawler King

9.5%
  1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    I posted a thread recently discussing my experience with these three models, and I would like all of you to cast you Vote on which one YOU THINK is BEST from your experience.

This particular post is not open for discussion.. rather than to get everyones opinion through the votes!

Thanks everyone :cool:

2. momobagodonuts

momobagodonuts Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

From experience I have to go with HPI Crawler King. I's the only one I've ever had. But to me it seems tough as nails and crawls effortlessly over just about anything in front of it. I use a sidewinder esc with Novak 55 on Turnigy Nano 3s mounted on the front suspension links and moved the steering servo to the axle. I've broken enough axles to pay for a new Axial but that could be attributed to 3s on sticky tires.

3. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don't know first had yet on what one. So I went with the AX10 due to its build ability and the depth of information there is to get for it on the web and price. Sorry Worm Gear you don't win this time.lol

4. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

From what I've seen and read the axial is the way to go. My next truck will be a scx10.

5. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    You know I really must say.. .a lot of folks (Krazy Joe included) have had some great Losi's. I was standing in Rude Boyz RC Garage the other day chatting with the club Pres, and what i noticed is that the whole time I have known him, and been reporting on Rude Boyz RC Garage - He has been running a 3rd gen Losi Night Crawler. I really must say that I am impressed how well it has held up. It has held up to extensive abuse and HUGE falls from the top of the Behemoth (Joes indoor track)

6. Krazy Joe

Krazy Joe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

already posted here but too bad come on someone argue with me ... LOSI RULES!!!

7. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

coughcoughbullshitcoughcough

Axial all the way baby ,,lol

8. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Axial AX10 and Losi Night Crawler right out the box RTR's Losi will win but as far as custom comp builds depends on the driver and the gear on the rigs then. my 2 cents

9. MaTtJaNiToR2597

Axial Defenitly. I love'm

10. thomanator

thomanator New Member

I voted AX10 my friends got one and they rock!

11. BradPeat

BradPeat Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The problem with the HPi king ( even though its fixable ) but it has a high turn motor. Even though the higher the turn the more torque, but less speed. From my experience you want to have a little bit of a kick with the truck for when something is too steep. Thats why with Axial there stock trucks give you the best of both worlds. Keep it up axial.

12. Scott

Scott Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What are the two things pretty much every crawler lacks? Actual turning radius and brake hold. With out dig, no one can even touch the Losi's turning. And with a garbage ESC you can get great hold from the Losi just because of the worm gears.

Who cares about all the aftermarket parts support if you don't need it in the first place? Out of the box, RTR crawlers? Losi Night Crawler hands down.

And yes, I am an Axial guy.

13. BradPeat

BradPeat Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Really you cant go wrong with any crawler. The whole point of rc'ing is that your truck is customizable to your specifications. Also its what your comfortable with, personally I like axial products cause it gives you all the basics to start with. Cant wait for the wraith

14. Inbred1

Inbred1 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I think axial is the winner in this situation they have such a great variety in crawlers and trails and they all look and perform sweet but any crawler is cool to me as long as it does its job and lets face it who these days has a complete stock crawler shops and grandmas LOL and thats the beauty of crawlers so many cool options hardest decision is which ones to put on ur car for your individual look and extra ability :graffiti: ROCK CRAWLERS....UM....ROCK haha

15. Erock

Erock Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Is there even a comp here?
    AX-10 FTW

16. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the axial crawlers they are good out of the box, easy to work on and find parts, and are tough. I don't have much experience with lose but I hear good things. I have a crawler king and I don't have much good to say about it. The stock electronics are crap, the servo needs to me relocated to on top of the front axle, the shocks are low quality, it breaks axle shafts left right and center, and the chassis is more of a monster truck chassis. It needs alot of upgrades, and some custom work right out oftbe box. And even though it has lots of articulation it's not all that beneficial. My scx-10 can out crawl it any day of the week and thats not to mention my ax-10

17. monturacer3

monturacer3 New Member

I would have to say that the Losi Nightcrawler and the Axial AX10 Scorpion are the best. The AX10 has a lot more option parts and makes a good competition crawler. The Losi Nightcrawler crawls better than the AX10 out of the box but has less option parts and won't make a great comp crawler. Just my opinion. :)

18. Logan

Logan New Member

Is this out of the box or modded. If out of the box I would say that the Losi wins. I would say that the Axial is better once modded. Just all depends on what the user is planning for the rock crawler.

19. Miksta115

Miksta115 New Member

Well the axial gets the upper hand for me because it is 100 bucks less rtr

20. naillonaaron

naillonaaron New Member

sorry i own a king and love it many miles we have travelled still mostly stock except for 20turn,gear reduction and a19 pinion