1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losi Rock Crawler, Axial AX10 or HPI Crawler King - POLL

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by RCSparks, Mar 19, 2011.

?

Out of these 3, Which do you think is the BEST?

1. Losi Night Crawler

29.3%
  2. Axial AX10 Scorpion

61.2%
  3. HPI Crawler King

9.5%
  1. ChasinRC

ChasinRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I really like the look of the HPI Crawler King. It looks somewhat like a scaler while still being a rock crawler. :)

2. prromine

prromine New Member

Glad I found this thread before asking almost the same question.:relief:
    Me thinks I am leaning toward the Axial.

3. crawlerjoe

crawlerjoe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am an Axial fan and I don't know very much about the other two so I'll stick with what I know for now!

4. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i have a crawler king and its awesome!

5. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

I vote for Losi for rtr , though I had a axial for about 2 hours before this big ass bird flew down and carried it away.

6. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

personally prefer the comp crawler but not really much difference from the night crawler ......and just to throw a wrench out if it wasn't for lack of parts kyosho is awesome as well
    :wut:

7. MiNikIlleR

MiNikIlleR Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just off of what I know, I have to go with the losi. I own a losi and even though its not a rock crawler, it seems to hold up pretty well besides that the steering servo gears just failed on me so I have to get a new one.

8. Megatoys

Megatoys Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

9. MiNikIlleR

MiNikIlleR Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

A bird flew away with your rock crawler.. I have now heard it all :XD:

10. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

hey guys i have the crawler king and i love it ther isnt to much it wont crawl over BUT!!! the servo and other electronics arnt the greatest but alot of the prob with the servo is simply the position if you move it to the axel then ther is no prob wih it. the shocks are to soft but all you need to fix that are stiffer springs or heavyer shock oil. then the body roll is much less then it was out of the box. or just get some nice aluminum ones. the motor i dont think i will ever change it has plenty of torque and its faster then walking speed who wants to run after a crawler anyway?!?!?! and to top off the crawler king it has 5 or 6 inches of clearance!! i think thats pretty good. all in all its a great truck but i still want axial but not a scorpion i want a axc10 for trailing. and that doesnt mean ide ever get rid of my crawler king!! i still love it lol

11. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Im new to the crawling game, but picked Losi from past experience, HPI products are great too.... Crap did I pick the wrong one?

12. ipoodftw

ipoodftw New Member

I am personally an Axial guy and dabble in scalers more than anything else, but as for the 2.2s, I love my losi night crawler rtr. I've had it for about a year and only put new tires and body to personalize. Doesn't need much and a very capable crawler. I have a couple videos of it on my YouTube page.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.238490,-84.099615

13. truckguysrul

truckguysrul New Member

losi all the way have one great little truck right out of the box

14. KelvinLo

KelvinLo New Member

AX10!@@
    it got lots of parts to upgrade
    especially the dig system from 3raXXXG XD

15. LNC-DodgeRC

LNC-DodgeRC New Member

Losi for me! Love my LNC, it holds up even through tough falls and situations!! Although I do wish they'd make more parts for it...BUT it does allow extreme customization, one just needs the right imagination! Worm gears are awesome IMO!!! Plus dig is always an option!

16. bigmack0426

bigmack0426 New Member

crawler king all the way. i have a crawler king that was originaly a wheely king put the conversion kit on it and have done alot of work to it. i junk the stock speed control and the the stock motor and the stock servo. replaced esc with a novak hd super xl. and motor with a high torque proxima 600. and also replaced the reciver with an rc4wd cheap controler. it is awesome. crawls over anything only flaw i have found is it strips the front and rear diff gears like melting butter. i dont wheel it much due to the problem. my proxima mottor is fast as well as crawling over anything in its path. just recently put a boat taled and custom painted 1987 original chevrolete clod buster body. it is awesome. looking to get into compatitions but am currently un able to due to the striping gears. and unable to find compatitions in my area. my truck is one bad ride.