1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losixxl2 gasoline

Discussion in 'Bashing Chat' started by HalNutt, Feb 8, 2017.

1. HalNutt

HalNutt Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    here we go agian me and my damn gas engine truck. Is this the place for it does anyone here have an 1/8th scale losi? My question that really needs answers is about my "long wear" aluminum clutch shoes on my dynamite.31 engine. Seems as though after about 8-10 tanks of gas and my shoes are beat the hell up causing binds and stalls. Anyone have a longevity problem with thiers? I'm into my third set of shoes which would be fine if i was lettin the wife buy em but they are for my gas truck. I see nitro and 1/5th scale but no just basher gas. Where do the hpi octane ppl go? Cant get an octane engine and the dynamite has sold out a few times. Anyone??

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    With aluminum clutch shoes you need to maintain them. Every once and while you need to sand down the burs to make them smooth. This will reduce your chance of binding.

3. HalNutt

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Oh they are smooth. Worn down to the springs tho. Maybe too much slippage between the shoes and bell. I'm thinkin lighten up on my slipper clutch with the new shoes and see if that gets em to last alil longer. Only ten runs or about 5 hours of run time and they are worn to the retaining springs.

4. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Raising your gear ratio might also help. Also, you can can experiment with clutch springs thickness.

5. HalNutt

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Unf I have yet to find a two stage clutch bell or higher gearing for the transmission inputs. Any ideas? So i blew another connecting rod on the first of two engines i received from horizon hobby as a courtesy replacement of both original engines i had bought. This one blew the connecting rod outta the brand new box got a replacement connecting rod from horizon and now that one blew up within 5-10 min. Just gotta be bad engines!!! I have one out of 5 that runs perfectly!! Removed it and tried to start the breakin process boom!! Tried and true chassis and fuel mix. Anyone else having these issues? Ohhh yes I called and am having a shipping label sent to send back this courtesy engine. Not to look the gift horse in the mouth but these are $300 engines!! Horizon hobby has definitely got my future business for backing up thier warranty so far!!

6. HalNutt

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Remember that if you are putting in for warranty service to be mindful of your product and environment that you have not strayed from thier manuals. Horizon hobby has some service techs that will try to wesel out that you are the reason the product failed. Unfortunately the dynamite.31 connecting rod is the weakest link in the engine soooo....