1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROP PLANE Maiden flight!

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by Antho11, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I've had a Hobby Zone Super Cub LP for the past 4 years and have never flown it for a couple of reasons. There are no rc plane clubs near me, nobody I know that has flown one that can help me and I've never had the chops to fly it. So I decided today's the day and I will go for the maiden flight. I found a pretty big football field/park where nobody goes. I've done some research online, watched videos and read the manual. The plane has ACT which is anti crash technology and hopefully it will save me if something goes wrong. Do you guys have any suggestions for a noob flyer like me? How do you know when you e reached a correct altitude?

2. KyBlue

KyBlue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can't help you but I'm hoping to make the jump to being a pilot soon myself ... look forward to hearing how you did, though I hear the act is more active crash rather than anti crash ...

3. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm planning on removing the ACT and just flying without it. I only flew it once and it was the maiden flight....... It all went well and I didn't crash it, it wasn't very nice flying but it worked! I'm planning to fly it soon again.

GENERAL DISASTER likes this.