1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money Saving ideas

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by phil-b, Aug 15, 2018.

1. phil-b

phil-b Member

these little cars can start to eat up your money fast. I wanted to start a thread sharing tips for saving a little cash

Screws and wheel nuts can be bought for much less than the hobby shop bagged and labels items if you buy generic stainless steel screws and nuts. You just need to identify the correct size.

esc plates can be cut from sheet perspex (plexiglass) with a little patience you can even build a very strong water proof receiver waterproof box from sheet material

I would love to hear your ideas and tips

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

screws and nuts in 3mm are not cheap at the hardware store, it is better to buy them in bulk from someone like this http://teamknkhardware.com/

3. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

ebay has full SS screw kits for 20ish-35ish ..
    3/32 threaded rod and traxxas 1:10 and 1:8 scale rod ends make cheap durabile links.
    as for WP the rx i use 2part epoxy (like u buy in the double barrel syringe) and after i set my fail safe .. i open the rx case and mix some epoxy .. then coat the bottom of the Rx board and insert in into the lower case half then coat the top side of the board, leaving the headers accessible ,and the tops of the metal caps uncovered .. (iv'e never had a water failure using this method.

BisforBadger likes this.