1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motor Help on TF2

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Fallen, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Fallen

Fallen Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I am in the process of building my TF2 and the motor i have got for it is a directional motor so was wondering will it work bc it goes faster in reverse than forward bc of it. is there anything i can do to it or should i get a new motor and if so what would be a good recommendation?

2. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If its just a standard sealed can reverse the negative and positive wires on the motor slower in forward is caused by the tx or esc settings but just reversing your red and black motor to esc wires will solve your issue

RustyWrench likes this.
  3. Fallen

ELiTE MEMBER

OK so it really don't matter if the motor is marked in a certain direction then?

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

if the motor is marked a certain direction then it has advanced timing to make it faster in that direction ... basically a race motor .. you may be able to twist the end with the wires to 0 the timing which will make it equal of course IDK if your motor is made to adjust.. so you may have to improvise a way to lock it in place once you get it at 0 .. it most likely will not need to be moved more then 1/8 of a inch .

as scale madness pointed out the ESC can also have a slower reverse then forward setting . which is fixed just as he suggested and also reversing the direction on the tx

walter likes this.
  5. Fallen

ELiTE MEMBER

ill look into it. i know i did change the polarity on the motor and it made a difference so i dont know lol

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

I dont know for sure your motor has a timing advance .. but lots of brushed race motors do and are adjustable.. the direction arrow kinda tells me it does .. allthough ive not even seen your motor .. it could simply mean the direction with the polarity matched .. so if you use forward throttle with the polarity correct / then reversed if there is a speed difference it would suggest there is a timing advance .. which makes the motor stronger/faster in one direction sacrificing the other directions power/speed