1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Madfox334, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Madfox334

Madfox334 New Member

So My last working motor went today and it was just a stock Traxxas motor and I've been looking to go to a more powerful aftermarket motor i have a Traxxas slash 4x4, what aftermarket motor would you guys recommend that is compatible with the VXL-3s Waterproof ESC and if no ones will work what ESC and motors would you guys recommend?

2. Damon95yj

Damon95yj Member

Im pretty sure there are a few motors that will work but i have always heard just stick with the traxxas. Guys that have changed have gone with a castle setup. they run cooler from what i hear. sorry i do not have any model numbers but I know castle has a short course truck combo. ill look it up

3. Damon95yj

Damon95yj Member

Its the Sidewinder SCT/1410 1Y 3800KV motor combo. website says $118.

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

or return the busted motor for a half price replacement from traxxas ... I am a castle fan but the traxxas stuff is good as well . also any non sensored brushelss motor will work with the vxl esc

5. Madfox334

Madfox334 New Member

yeah I did a little poking around and found the castle SCT setup and its about the same price for getting a new motor cause it seems that Traxxas has been selling the motors with ESCs and not separately

6. Damon95yj

Damon95yj Member

You can find just the motor. I ordered mine from amazon if i remember correctly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

7. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    yea. just replace the motor. velinion is good stuff. if its the bearings that have gon in your motor they can be replcace pretty easy.
    if you want a cheap replacement there are many options. the vxl will run nearly any sensorless brushless motor on the market.
    The vxl is 3500kv more kv will be faster less will be more torque but slower.

8. Madfox334

Madfox334 New Member

alright so what your saying is i would just need the motor and it will run with my current ESC?

9. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

yep
    but the castle esc can be programmed for custom throttle curves and start power via a castle link or field card .. otherwise it is a bout the same

10. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media: