1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mould lines on subaru impreza

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by The sqveel, Aug 7, 2017.

1. The sqveel

The sqveel Member

Hiya :)

I got myself a tt-02 recently (thanks to Magnat007 for helping us decide which esc/motor to go with) and am nearing the end of my build now, the (dreaded) body work. I've cut my body today but am worried about the really obvious mould lines on it.

It's the Tamiya monte carlo subaru impreza. It has some pretty bad mould lines going across the back and front, straight across the window and down the sides of body. It continued down the wheels and when i cut them i peeled the film off to see if it would look less obvious and if anything it made them stand out more! i'm really worried when i spray it they'll show up. Is this normal or should I contact my supplier for a replacement? Pics attached are pretty hard to see cos of the lighting and the clear bod.

This is my first RC so am not sure if this is normal or if it will disappear with paint? :/ my gut instinct (and experience with other modelling) says sprays will make it stand out even more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little Rascle likes this.
  2. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My CC-01 fj cruiser body is the same idk if its common but i just lived with it paint depending on color does hide it some

3. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

I got no pics at this end sorry...

Antho11 likes this.
  4. The sqveel

The sqveel Member

Nevermind. I contacted the supplier and they say the tamiya bodys are moulded in 3 parts so they all have those lines but ita just on the outside not the inside so shouldnt shouldnt show once painted :)

5. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

you will see it because you know it is there.

Little Rascle, Bobb and scalemadness like this.
  6. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

After looking at my fj again the lines stick out like a sore thumb

walter and Little Rascle like this.