1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my custom super cub.

Discussion in 'Aircraft Build Projects' started by 00whynot, Jul 21, 2012.

1. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    some of you may have already seen the crash video on my Yt and in the video section. but i figured ill share a little more about the damage and rebuild ive gone thru.
    I crashed my super cub hard and broke off the tail. snapped the fuselage in half under the wing, ripped the motor mount free from the front of the plane, snapped the prop/motor mount in two snapped the wing in two, twice, in two spots, and the bird still flew. so i had a few parts to buy.
    [​IMG]
    luckily the local HS had them all in stock . i had to buy a fuselage, new wing, new motor mount, new cowl, new wing struts, and new tail. cost me $70.
    [​IMG]
    so i transferred all the electronics over and built my new cub.

the old one will remain on my ceiling as a shrine to rc gods of wisdom.
    [​IMG]
    im still amassed at how well it flew just being hot glued back together.

here are some decent pics of the new build.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and while im on the topic. here is a preview of an upcoming project im planning to get in the air.
    [​IMG]

I cant wait to get the new bird out in the air.

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    here are a couple pics of her on her first outing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. analog56x

analog56x New Member

nice cub man! i just picked one up, and i have 3 sessions on it (never flown before) and ive damaged mine EXACTLY the same as yours, minus the motor mount... i used hot glue and tuck tape to fix it though... im not buying a new body for it until i can fly better haha! love those pontoons man!

4. mattrc

mattrc New Member

Very nice cub! I just picked up a mini super cub because i wanted to get back into flying and im gonna do some upgrades to it soon.