1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL My daughters semi scale scx10 proline cherokee

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by scalemadness, Sep 24, 2016.

1. scalemadness

scalemadness Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok well my daughter has always loved my tf2 with its realism factor so i decided to attempt a small makeover of her proline cherokee body and scx10 chassis. First of all with the steel sliders the body wouldnt sit low enough with the tire wheel combo(stock gelande cruiser dirt grabbers from her uncle my stock cco1 fj cruiser wheels) so i attached the shackle mounts from my tf2 which were replaced by Tamiya Bruiser ones to the scx10 shock towers raising the shock mounting locations this fixed the ride height issue and the unrealistic scx10 flex. Next came the body I added a pair of axial mirrors and dug into my tf2 parts bin and attached some spare wipers next since i use the Tamiya grille on my tf2 i took the square headlight grille and cut the headlight/corner marker away from the grille. Next i cut open the headlight area of the cherokee body and voila amazing the tf2 buckets fit snug into the openings with the marker assembly tight into the inside corners hidden from view. Now it wont be as a capable as before but she loves how it looks more real. Time will tell but maybe rear leafs will be added for more realism. The tall body mount is used only for support in a roll over the body is attached through the rear bumper out back and hood in front inner fenders are in the plans and perhaps a low detail interior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also we may swap wheels to the plastic Tamiya gold yj rims.

lout and walter like this.
  2. ThatCraig

ThatCraig Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    [​IMG] I love the Jeep Cherokee body. I had to chop half off an blend the bumpers an fenders in. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone covered in Rc decals.

3. BignBlue

BignBlue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    RustyWrench likes this.
  4. scalemadness

ELiTE MEMBER

BignBlue likes this.
  5. ecorey

ecorey Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I wish my proline cherokee body turned out as nice as yours mine didnt turn out so well i since it was covered in creases and dimples and proline and the hobby store i got it from wouldnt do anything about it so i painted it orange and ran it a few times then never an it again[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6. ecorey

ecorey Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    But i was happy with how the rear fenders trimming turned out[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

7. scalemadness

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks it was painted on the outside with krylon fusion over a year ago i had a proline bronco body with creases and dimples at one time as well