1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "new" slash

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Mowgli, May 31, 2013.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well I had a nice surprise in the mail today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My "new" baby. A two wheel slash bone stock, got her of ebay for a descent deal, the guy selling her was pretty dang cool. He actually offer a return policy and took off a few bucks on the shipping because I was close enough he didn't have to use UPS. Took her out and ran her as soon as I got the new deans plug on, and man is she a blast. Sure she's not that fast, but she's brushed with the old xl5 non lipo cut off so I didn't expect much speed. I'm runnin her on 2s lipo with an alarm so I don't toast the batts and she did a little better then I expected, and if the lipos burn out my esc or motor what better excuse to go brushless haha. I'm gonna try to get a quick and dirty vid later tonight if my batteries ever get charged ha.

2. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice Slash. I love my slash. A real fun RC to bash. I had the xl-5 and brushed motor in my slash. I have a Castle Creations Sv2 4600kv brushless system in it now and it flys.

3. bongofish

bongofish Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Good find! The Slash is a great bash truck.
    And if you go brushless?...look out!....it's a MONSTER!

4. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks guys. Well I was able to get a couple more runs in last. For one of em I strapped my phone to the front bumper and went for it.
    My "new" Slash - YouTube
    Took it a little easy because of the phone, and it screwed with the balance of course. No editing what so ever and it's my first vid so the camera angle is a bit low but I gotta start somewhere hopin to get a real camera soon.

5. SavageXS

SavageXS New Member

Dang Nice!, I Got mine almost stock, It had some RPM Back A arms but And some barrier carriers.. It's a amazing bash truck!
    Nice find dude :)