1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little help with batteries and waterproofing.

Discussion in 'Electric' started by jacobguthrie, May 27, 2014.

1. jacobguthrie

jacobguthrie Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey guys.. I'm needing some quick help. Ok the first thing is what are some really good lipo battery's? I want something with real good run times and that will give my truck some real power..... Number two, I waterproofed my esc but didn't know exactly how to do it so I left the two little battery looking things on it exposed.. my question is can I cover those two little battery type things?? I'll post some pics up if yall need me to

2. CM_113

CM_113 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

smc , paranha, max amps, are good batteries, go 2 s and atleast a 50c burst, and atleast 5000mAh, those are not batteries those are Caps. may want to go over them with the waterproof, and yes photos are a must when it comes to problem solving .

3. jacobguthrie

ELiTE MEMBER

Well I watched an rcsparks video one time and I cut remember if it said to cover them or not so I didn't that's why I havint put my truck in deep water yet but I'll post pictures when I get home.. and wouldn't 3s be best for long runs and speed

4. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    2 cell is pretty standard and just about every esc can handle the 7.4 volts they put out. a 3 cell puts out more voltage (11.1v more volts = more speed) so you would need to find out if your esc handle the extra power .as for run time it makes no difference. a 5000 mah battery is still only 5000 mah no matter how many cells it has.

#4 darkside0914, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  5. jacobguthrie

ELiTE MEMBER

Well the bec says 7s I think but the esc can only handle up to 4s

6. jacobguthrie

ELiTE MEMBER

Ok I got it wrong.. I just looked and it said it can all handle up to 4s lipo

7. jacobguthrie

ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG] ok here it is.. These two little caps on the esc chip I didn't know if I should cover them up or not