1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with Li-Fe batteries

Discussion in 'Electric' started by rcjoe, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rcjoe

rcjoe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

so recently I was bashing around with my slash 4x4, and afterwards I noticed that my 2 cell 45c, 4500mah lipo was starting to give off some sort of gas, which I know is bad, this makes it the 3rd lipo in a row to expand or "puff" like this, the pack only had about 25 runs on it, and I have followed every rule in the book for lipo care... so I am done with lipos now, and I want to try out the lithium iron batteries, but I have some questions, can li-fe batteries be drained below 3.0v per cell without damage? and is there a difference between a li-fe battery and a li-fe PO4 battery? lastly are there esc's out there that will not work with li-fe batteries, like the tekin rx8, MMM, vxl 3s? thanks for your help guys!
    :)

#1 rcjoe, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. FluxAscender

FluxAscender Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The MMM has a fully adjustable Low-Volt Cutoff, so it can run with any type of of battery. IIRC, the same is true of any Castle ESC that connects to the Castle Link.

3. rcjoe

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks FluxAscender, I was planning on buying the castle link for this summer anyway, but I don't know if li-fe batteries even need a lvc... this is going to take some serious Google searching to figure out how to use these li-fe's, luckily I have a week to figure it out because I just ordered some 4500mah 3 cell 9.9 volt li-fe batteries
    :seriousbusiness:

4. rcjoe

ELiTE MEMBER

they have arrived!!...

[​IMG]

and work absolutely AWESOME!!!!

[​IMG]

more info coming soon
    :)