1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need reviews about the Exceed 1/8Th Mad Torque Rock Crawler

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by gacrawler, Dec 17, 2011.

1. gacrawler

gacrawler New Member

Anyone here have any info on this crawler. It looks pretty sweet and very functional. It has alot of hopped up parts on it stock. It seems cheap at 159.00.............. It seems like its a too good to be true product.

2. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Personally I dont think any Exceed modle is worth buying. There selling point is that they are for people who want to try out rc to see if its something they will like, without having to spend the money on lets say a axial, just to find out rc isnt for them. The problem is that the quality, and part support is very poor. And that is more likely to ruin somebodys first experience in the hobby, and will turn them away from it.
    I would stay clear from anything from exceed

3. CrawlHog

CrawlHog Banned

agreed, lousy CS hard to get parts and alot of online shops have stopped selling there products because Exceed treats there customers like crap. buy at your own risk. $160 now tons of headaches later. i speak from experiance

4. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

One of my friends bought a 1.8 Mad Torque, I do have to say seeing it run first hand not overall impressed with it. My SCX10 out performs it hands down. Save your money and buy something better, you will be more happy that way.

Here is a video of my friends 1/8 Exceed Mad Torque running with my SCX10 Dually. Check it out if you want an idea of what I'm talking about. Yes the video is edited, and I have another one on my channel with the Mad Torque and my Dually doing a water run.

[video=youtube;yZFb5gEbTv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFb5gEbTv8[/video]

5. frankyshrek

frankyshrek New Member

i agree with those guys, my first car was the madstorm,almost ruined me on rcbut then i tried again with electric and love it how everi have an scx10 and traxxas e-maxx sometimes get cheap parts i know i'm going to beat up other than that don't go exceed you will spend more time working on it then enjoying it trust me

6. mike95

mike95 New Member

i personaly have no problems with part suport its a durable rig only real problem is u have to upgade the streering servo and the steering knuckles i have been told axial makes a set of aluminum ones that work its definetaly not a good comp rigg but its a good one for just trying your hand at running and haveing fun

7. mancave

mancave New Member

I have two scx10's and LCC but I just got the maxstone 8. If you are only going to have one rc and want a great product I would suggest spend the extra money and get the scx10. It is probably the most used one I have. As for the Exceed I bought it for a project knowing I was going to put some money in it. I have found that there are a few different brand parts that interchange on the exceed trucks. If you get one check out rchobbyestore.com I found some aluminum hop up parts from them they are in Australia.

8. mickyd213

mickyd213 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've bought 2 of these in the past for my kids as entry level rc's... A 1/8th and a 1/10th scale. Although they are not exceed they are that close the only thing that is different is the name. The 1/8th is ok... It has great articulation but steering is a bit ordinary... I converted it to 4ws to help with the steering issues and it's made a difference but not much. Could also do with a bit more grip as well... But all in all not a bad first up rc.
    Having said that, If I was buying these for me I would save my pennies and buy an axial or something along those lines...