1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help choosing a RC crawler/trailer $700 Bgt

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by David97, Dec 25, 2015.

1. David97

David97 New Member

Alright i need some input here I'm pretty new to the hobby and I'm wanting to get a crawler/trailer preferably waterproof or easily water proofed i have a $700 dollar budget i want something that will last so in need of professional and veteran hobbiest opinions ive looked at rtr but not sure if they meet the durability i would like so I'm trying to see if a kit would be better suited for me and what internals i need to put in it i like the idea of metal axle housings,links,chubs, and all. And what gears,pinion,motor,transmission,esc,servo,shocks I should use ive looked at vaterra,axial,gmade,rc4wd and I'm just trying to figure out what would work great and be very durable all help is appreciated thanks.

2. David97

David97 New Member

need some help

3. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    with that kind of budget, you have a mountain of options, rtr rigs are very durable, you may have to upgrade a few parts like the drive shafts, the new axial bomber comes rtr and has metal gears in the trans, the ar60 axles , which are proven to be tough, and the new style wb8 drive shafts which are probably the strongest stock drive shafts ive seen, plus there's an optional 2 speed upgrade for it, the ar 60 is the same as on the wraith and ax10, so lots of upgrades are already out for it, aluminum c hubs and knuckles would add a little strength, but i wouldn't worry about it till you actually broke one. it runs a 35t motor and 3 cell capable waterproof esc, and comes with a 3 channel radio, the only real upgrades needed immediately might be the servo, which im told is kind of weak and the steering linkage which is flimsy. this would definitely be my choice if I had the money, id put up the extra cash for the future in case of breakage later.

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Look again at the rc4wd lineup ... they have metal axles and gears and awesome scale looks .....
    kits around the 400.00 mark ..... for awesome brushed power get the Holmes hobby Brxl ...and a castle field card.... i run it with a 18V drill motor on 6S for silly power .... a dewalt 550 motor will be a monster on 6S... honestly 3s and a 35t 540 can will do great .... my 6S on 550 drill motor is over kill ... for the servo Savox has the awesome servos ... ( i am running a scx10 with a rc4wd glendee 2 body ...aftermarket RRP steel gears and Junfac drive shaft and it holds the power well ....
    im not sure about the rc4wd punisher 2 drive shafts but the older punisher shafts would need replacing with steel shafts ...MIP or junfac are top pics for most ...
    then there is the tx for a kit http://overkillrc.3dcartstores.com/Flysky-GT3B_p_8.html

5. David97

David97 New Member

Thanks guys for all the helpful info I'll put it to use i appreciate it