1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 6x6

Discussion in 'Road Giants 6x6/8x8/10x10' started by BenFink, Jan 31, 2017.

1. BenFink

BenFink Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ill probably go with AR60's is modifying them to be a pass through axle the same as the SCX10 axles?

2. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    no, there is an axial part you buy that replaces the gear cover and bearing retainers, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-AR60-...438934?hash=item4af6dfc0d6:g:ZuMAAOSwFNZWxMzZ, it's held on with the 4 stock gear cover screws and 4 screws that go into the original bearing retainer holes, other than the through axle adaptor all you will have to get is 2 stock size input shaft bearings, 4 longer screws, to go into the bearing retainer holes, and another input gear.

BenFink likes this.
  3. BenFink

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Okay, I will be doing some more work on getting everything planned out now and will try to keep you updated.

darkside0914 likes this.
  4. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    another note, i'm not sure how familiar you are with the ar60 but the ring gear can be put in in either direction, with the gear facing either the long or short side of the housing, when you put your 3rd axle on you will need to determine which side to have it because the center axle output will rotate in reverse causing the 3rd axle to go backwards, and enjoy the build, I find multi-axle rigs to be a little more of a challenge to build which makes it more fun imo.

BenFink likes this.
  5. BenFink

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Current Plan is to buy a SCX10 roller or to buy the parts I end up needing separately, Extend the back off the chassis, use AR60's for the axle, use a castle 1/8 scale Mamba Monster 2 brush less motor and ESC, and do some more upgrades from there. I really like the idea of a regular SCX10 now too... maybe I will make one from the left over parts if I buy the roller.