1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new belt CPX

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by JohneyRico, Sep 6, 2011.

1. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

hiya i just got myself one of the new belt CPX heli's
    and really cant wait to get rid on these training wheels lol
    [​IMG]

2. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

ok so im thinking ill be able to get out n go flying this weekend
    so im looken arround for some spare parts (i know ill crash so better save on down time by pre ordering)

now for the stupid question lol
    the stock blades for this heli are main blade :315 mm
    or i can go Carbon Fiber Main Blade for electric 450 helicopter(335mm)

so wats the difference tween 20 mm?
    dose size matter (lol)

and stupid question number 2
    i spooled the heli up and it seems i have a small kink in my flybar, i bent it back by hand ( so now its only slightly kinky lol) will this mean im grounded till i can get a new one, or is close enough good enough?

#2 JohneyRico, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  3. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey man, I have a belt cp also :)

[​IMG]

OK.. so question number one. The 20mm longer blades will work fine. You might need to stay with the shorter ones if you were going to do crazy 3D stuff, just to keep up the rpms, but I'm assuming thats not what you're doing.. The real issue that you have to watch out for with the belt cp is, the stock blades (the part that goes into the blade grips) are *thicker* than the normal 450 replacement ones... So when you go to install the 450 blades, you will have a little slop, or space in between the blade grip and the blade itself. BUT, you can remedy that by going to your local hardware store and getting a couple washers that will fill the gap, and put them in with the new blades... It will work fine.

Question two. This is where opinions sometimes differ... Most heli guys that I talk to say replace it if its even SLIGHTLY bend or damaged... And that goes for every part on the heli... But, I have gotten away with straightening a flybar by hand on many occasions. You just have to get it REALLY close. and after you straighten it, you have to make sure your paddles are flat and level when your blades are at 0 degrees pitch. If you haven't already, buy a pitch gauge. You will need it after every wreck.

Here is the site that I get my parts from: New Belt CP X Thats the belt cpx page. Good luck!

P.S. Question number 1.5.... Of course it matters. ;)

4. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

cool thanks man
    yeah im in Australia iv been using another hobby shop for parts
    but im gonna have to place an order at xheli.com coz in my last crash iv fryd my lower main gear

and good to see ya got the joke lol

5. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I agree with the Beast. As a heli guy I'm one of the ones that say replace but you'll be fine with a heli this size. You wanna keep an eye on excess vibrations and make sure your blades are tracking perfectly. Like Beast said you'll need a pitch gauge, I would also recommend a small ruler or the micro measuring tools (brain fart, can't remember the name) so you can measure the distance of your flybar paddles to the shaft, they should be exactly the same.. You will get really good at doing all this fine work after a few crashes, we've all been in your shoes so we will always be here when you need help.

Enjoy
    Robsco

6. JohneyRico

JohneyRico New Member

got me a pitch gauge and some new blades today
    and when i was there i saw flybar weights (this aparently makes the heli more stable and easyer to handle, says the shop assistant)
    had a lil look round and so far have found 0 proof of it

you guys ever hear of flybar wieghts to make the heli more stable?
    or did i just donate another $10 to the im a dumbass fund?

7. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Actually he wasn't lying. Flybar weighs were an old school way of toning down your controls to make the heli react slower, giving the illusion of more stability. It was a training method used for generations, nowadays with computerized radios we can imitate the same thing by slowing servo throws, expo and so on.. Weights will still help regardless but digital radios sorta illuminated the need unless you don't have one. so it's still $10 well spent.