1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW FORUM SOFTWARE - Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Dec 28, 2014.

1. cdnltded

cdnltded Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    when i have signed in a couple of time it says an security error has occured but yet i am able to come in and be online.
    any ideas @RCSparks

and are links to our old threads dead now as well?

RCSparks likes this.
  2. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:

All your old links should still work A-OK :)

As for the security error - I will be looking into that tomorrow. Must be a server thing

RustyWrench likes this.
  3. cdnltded

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:

i think i figured out why my one link doesnt work. i scrolled throu all my content and i think a few of my threads were lost in the update. really no big deal i think i have pics of them all on photobucket so i can just repost the thread.
    there is at least 2 that i can see for now
    my frogger build
    my sons blazer

RCSparks likes this.
  4. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator

Media:
    A few of your threads may have been lost on December 5th, when we had a hack occur. We had to revert back to a backup from November 30th. Its part of the reason I upgraded the forums

Sorry bud

5. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm having a heck of a time with Chrome on IOS 10.10.1, it was working fine but since yesterday if I go to any posts the page freezes and I have to kill it as unresponsive.
    Everything is up to date as far as I can tell.
    Posting this with Firefox it wasn't working either but today it seems to be okay in safe mode.

6. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator

Media:

Okie Dokie - I will investigate this Tombsy, thanks for letting me know

7. rcworkz

rcworkz New Member

Works fine for iPhone 5s.

8. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I noticed that the system was trying to find "like"threads when I was posting something From a PC. It's my belief that his extra Ajax stuff is lagging out the ipad when posting a reply. Sorry t harp on about this but it's making it not enjoyable to post.

Btw, thanks for fixing the icon :)

RCSparks likes this.
  9. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I think I fixed up my own problem, after getting a warning from Firefox about incompatible extensions, I disabled all the extensions and restarted Chrome now it seems to be working fine.
    Sorry Mr. Medic it's all good.

RCSparks likes this.
  10. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have been having problems. Having to refresh the Forum page after logging in. Very slow to load sometimes over a minute. Same problem when opening threads. Sometimes I get a message saying RC Sparks is not responding. Not sure if it's a problem with my computer or what. But it only is happening with this site and none of the others I visit. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Dean

RCSparks likes this.
  11. oklamopar

oklamopar Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have noticed that alot of the older links are not working.

12. Homer Pyle

Homer Pyle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I was going to post this earlier,but when responding to What RC do i buy?,I noticed that links to the old RC Sparks forums,do not link properly for me,probably due to files and folders being all moved around with the upgrade.Links to external sites are fine though.

Ex:

Bad link;
    http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/newbie-q/21302-please-read-most-commonly-asked-rc-questions.html
    Good link;
    http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threads/please-read-the-most-commonly-asked-rc-questions.21302/

There are a lot of good old threads with internal links in them,especially stickies,like Crankbait's Axial Scx10 Guide or PLEASE READ: The most commonly asked RC questions.

Do you want us to click "Report" to draw attention to broken links to the old forum base,to correct the links?

RCSparks likes this.
  13. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator

Media:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I will have to investigate what can be done about this

Homer Pyle likes this.
  14. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator

Media:

***** THiS PROBLEM iS NOW RESOLVED ;) **** All links working

Homer Pyle and camarokert like this.
  15. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    Ive had to go back and re link all my video links to YT. a bit of a pain but other than that im loving the new setup.
    Now all we need is a easy link to our own threads and the ability to sort them by newest. But im sure your working on it. I ve got to say.
    Its a big job and I for one can respect the efforts that are being put in to keep RC sparks The best forum on the interwebs.

Keep up the good work :)

RCSparks likes this.
  16. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator

Media:
    The custom smilies are back in place. Sorry for the wait - I had to do each one individually! Bah! But, it is done !

:aceofaxe:

Homer Pyle, lout, MrBonez and 2 others like this.
  17. Saltslinger

Saltslinger Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Wow, big change here, I haven't been able to get on for a bit....thanks to the lovely snow....but nice changes. Do we still use photo bucket for photos? Thanks for the obvious hard work here Medic. Hope the coming snow and ice holds off, but if not to all that live in these areas, be careful out there, and stay warm....update.... I should have looked a bit more, I found the media upload...

#37 Saltslinger, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  18. cdnltded

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    is there requirements now for the forsale section?
    on the old forum i could put an ad up but i tried today and it said i could not
    and also is there going to be the country or area available on your profile. i kind of liked knowing where people were from

19. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So .. The edit box still crapola.

However the latest display change reduces the amount of stuff I see on the screen. When I have my ipad on the wide setting, the " members in chat" box narrows the thread text which makes the pictures smaller. When I have the ipad in portrait mode, it looks normal, however with my sunglasses I can't read it as the polarising plays havock with the ipad

Attached Files:

20. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Let us try the edit box in google chrom on the iPad. Nope still laggy as all heck.

Also, the tapatalk nagware screens. I have no problem supporting tapatalk, I use that on my phone. However just because I'm on a tablet, which I use as it can wdisplay the website as kits meant to be, I refuse to use it as I don't get. The full features of the site. But every time it decieded that I haven't visited the site I get nagged on initially connecting and then nagged gain at the top of the screen.

Hope you get funding for all of the referrals.

Seriously, you need to look at this edit box, I'm a gunna keep bitching about it every week ... Why ? it is really reallyfruostrating. A minute to display the text, then a minute to correct any mistakes. Grerrrrr.

It may seem like I'm complaint about it too much, but it's making me not annoy coming her as I feel I can't replay or offer a opinion. It works fine in the chat window polyps. (Which you don't get I tapatalk). I'm also not foisting amny more typos. To much arrrrg