1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Tex_mech, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Tex_mech

Tex_mech New Member

Hello,
    I've been somewhat interested in RC cars since I was young. But that quickly evolved to real cars, but as one can guess, it ain't cheap to play with them anymore. I'm mechanically inclined, so while plowing through the info in the newbie tech forum and watching youtube videos I saw everything that a real vehicle (only talking about rock crawlers) has. Besides not having the obvious engine with trans, I've found things ranging from real, sealed bearings to a full four link suspension with coilovers attached to a reinforced straight axle. That absolutely blew my mind at the amount of detail these things have in them. While I had been leaning towards finding a nitro rc car in the past, I have yet to see one in a crawler system, which is what I will be looking to get one day. After skimming through some of the forums, I decided to join so I can gather information and build myself a good foundation for a solid rock crawler/mud eater kit rc. Not so interested in just finding a kit and throwing money at it. If need be, I will patiently piece it together, part by part. Which, to me, is where the real fun is at, and where creativity has no limits.

Oh by the way, a little background on me, graduated from tech school a couple of years ago and went to work as a natural gas technician/mechanic. Then decided I didn't want to work that hard for the rest of my life so I went back to school and am currently working on my mechanical engineering degree. Also worked on GM muscle cars for almost 6 months, doing the simple upgrades like a bigger cam and header swaps, clutches, torque converters, etc. With the occasional supercharger/turbo install as well.

Thanks for reading.
    Dustin

2. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the forums Dustin! Great to have you here with us at RC Sparks! There's loads to see and do here on the boards mate, and everyone is really friendly and helpful! Ask any questions you need, share what you know, but most of all have fun and enjoy the boards! :)

3. bbwolf

bbwolf Guest

Welcome to the forums bud. Nice background there. Scale trucks are a blast, and each can be made to suit your taste very easily.
    Have a great time here.... Enjoy the forums, and chat it up a bit!

4. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Cool story and cool intro bro! Welcome to the rcsparks forum! Feel free to ask and answer questions! I'm glad you joined the forum! Enjoy!

5. Tmoon

Tmoon Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Im pretty sure you can find all the info you need on this forum. Check out Djmedic2008's videos on youtube. They are a blast!

6. Tex_mech

Tex_mech New Member

Oh I forgot to mention, I do in fact have a plastic 4x4 rc turret truck(Walmart special). It has an airsoft turret on the back that used to only turn about 320*. I fixed it to where it now rotates the full 360* for about two turns, and took off the retarded black plastic barrel cover with the orange end on it. Actually looks like a turret barrel now lol. Coolest thing I ever played with since I've graduated high school.

7. VoyageRC

VoyageRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forums! Always good to have new members!

8. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forums man!

9. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forums. hope you enjoy it here

10. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum, ask lots of questions when you need help, share what you have learned along the way with others (you would be surprised what you have learned 1:1, that is relavent in RC), and always have fun!!!!