1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Project Stampede VXL 4X4!

Discussion in 'Monster Trucks' started by ScaleBasher, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ScaleBasher

ScaleBasher Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I must first admit that I did not paint this body! I did trim it myself though lol A local guy was recomended by my LHS so I decided to give him a shot and...
    [​IMG]

2. Fabulous

Fabulous Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That is truly one crisp paint job! Impressed!

3. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Yea I paid a guy to paint it for me lol still dont have the body mounted up yet and need to mount the new led lights on it too! Also I just got back in from a quick 3S Lipo run and broke 3 driveshafts and blew 3 of 4 stock tires off the rims! Already got the driveshafts fixed but want to upgrade to steel CVDs

4. Fabulous

Fabulous Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Good lord man! Bashing to the extreme! It's all about the fun rides and great excuses to get more hop ups ;)

5. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Ordered the cvds today should be in on monday, and picked up some Proline 2.8 Trenchers on Desperado wheels was doing wheelies all over the place on just 2S! The body was $45 and paid D.Ruff Designs $50 for the paint job lol still havent mounted the lights to the body or mounted the body to the truck lol I dont want to send it skidding down the road on that fresh clean body lol

6. Rdecker20

Rdecker20 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

that paint job IS good. you should be proud!

7. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Ended up destroying another control arm last night while doing some small jumps ended up smacking the truck straight on into the edge of the curb to avoid getting ran over by a car. Trying to decide if I want to bling it up with a set of aluminum arms all the way around of go cheap and get the RPM arms. The aluminum arms will give me a bit more of a lower center of gravity since they weigh a bit more than the plastic arms.

8. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Update... Got a traxxas performance motor plate and steel cvd's installed last night! Hopefully no more blown out driveshafts! I recieved a Tenshock 411 5200KV motor in trade for my DE10 ESC too! So tomorrow Ill be putting that in the Stampede to see how it does. :ninja:

9. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Tenshock 411 plus Hobbywing SC8 waterproof esc OMG Stupid fast! It got warm pretty fast too so Im going to need to drop down to a 12T pinion I think. I know revving it up about quarter throttle made the chassis try to flip over with me holding it up off the ground! And I never knew that a set of Proline 2.8 Trenchers would get almost 1ft tall and about a quarter inch wide! :psychotic:

10. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

Sorry its been so long since my last update I got distracted from this one with the Wraith!! After doing a bit of research on the motor esc I figured out I should not have plugged in the 3S but got lucky I think cuz it all still works I finally got it out for a test drive today running a good 2S lipo and wow its fast! I need to drop down a few teeth on the pinion and order the programming card to solve the stutter start and no reverse. It also needs some ventilation!
    As you can see in the 2nd pic the tires are rubbing on the inside of the body it starts at around half throttle! would help if the front tires were on the ground though! :secret laugh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Also I did go ahead and get the aluminum arms got them put on yesterday while watching some skate park pain!

12. ScaleBasher

ELiTE MEMBER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Put new tires and rims on last night the stock short course tires were getting pretty worn out and never really got much traction. So I took a crash course in Tire gluing and mounted up some short course Trenchers!

I haven't had time to drive it with the new tires to test out how I did gluing the tires but will do that later today. Heres a vid with stock tires..
    [video=youtube_share;uREUH3NFBzY]http://youtu.be/uREUH3NFBzY[/video]