1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Scale Truck Build

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by TheHen1077, Dec 28, 2018.

1. TheHen1077

TheHen1077 New Member

Hello everyone, its TheHen here.

Im getting back into the rc world after a few years and really want to start out with a scale truck!

I want to get a kit and am looking to you guys to point me in the right direction.

Im looking at axial and traxxas right now but am open to any and all suggestions, like i said ive been "out tha game" so to speak...

Also looking for suggestions for aftermarket parts as I want to build a quality and capable trail truck! i.e. suspension, tires, rims, servos, ecu, waterproofing. The whole 9 yards.

Thanks in advance and im looking forward to hearing from everyone.

-TheHen

2. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You can't go wrong with either, personally, I'd go with Axial.. LOTS of aftermarket goodies out there for them, however they are pretty capable right out of the box with a few tweaks to the stock shocks.

3. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

welcome to the forum

4. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

AXIAL all the way!!!

I'm not sponsored by Axial (I WISH) just a really big fan. Don't get me wrong, the Traxxas is a good truck with lots of fancy little features... but the SCX10 cant be beat. It's just a good, strong, versatile, trail-proven, reliable little truck. Plus, the amount of Aftermarket parts available for SCX10's is ridiculous. Also, the SCX10 fits under almost any aftermarket body.