1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Posting in Forums - SCX10 Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Jervin, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jervin

Jervin Member

Hello everyone,

I have been around the RC hobby all my life as i grew up in it with my dad. I would still consider myself a beginner in most aspects of the hobby as there is so much to learn. I have read hundreds upon hundreds of forums but have never actually posted anything. I'm looking forward to being part of this online community.

I currently have an RC10T4.3 and its a great truck. I mostly bash. I would like to get a rock crawler/trail as well.

I have come across a used SCX10 - it's about 3 years old with upgraded shocks and a few metal components. It also comes will all stock electronics. The seller is asking $300.

Would you consider this a good deal? Has the SCX10 deadbolt changed much in the last 3 years? Is there anything thing i should look out for buying this truck used?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have a great day!

Jesse

Little Rascle likes this.
  2. Little Rascle

Little Rascle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the forum. What up grades does it have?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

3. Jervin

Jervin Member

Thanks!

It's has upgraded shocks (springs are on the inside), steel axles, metal links, front bumper, metal steering knuckles, and metal shock towers. I'm not exactly sure what kind of metal. Some of these items may have come stock?

I have not seen the rig in person yet.

Jesse

4. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum

5. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome aboard, they don't make the SCX10 anything any longer, but parts are super available for them still!

6. spawn

spawn Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    just becouse its has all that metal dose not mean its all that and is it rtr or roller . metal links hubs and outer cs and metal are a good start. but it could be a lot of chines junk to so do ur checking in to it. dont lut the shine full u ive been there when i got 1 for my brother

7. spawn

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  8. spawn

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    hope this helps any ? just ask . and welcome to the form lost of good people here

9. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hey Jervin
    The SCX10 is a decent rig and if your thinking about getting into RC trailing its a great start out rig.
    Alot of SCX10's hit the 2nd Hand market as people want to upgrade to the SCX10 II

$300 is not a bad asking price if the Rig is RTR .. What you have to weigh up is do you want to start with a rig someone has already bought or go for a stock one and build it up yourself.

You would be looking at around $350 for an SCX10 II kit and would then probably need to spend around $150 on Electronics and battery gear to get it going.
    From memory I think a stock SCX10 Deadbolt was around the $300 price point)

A Gmade Komodo RTR would be around the $370 price point.
    A Traxxas TRX-4 for around the $450 price point (all excluding Postage)

(Most kits state RTR but still need a Battery and charger)

So really it up to you if you want to go the 2nd hand path or save a bit more and spend a bit more and go your own way..

There are some new Scale/Trail kits coming out soon from Redcat racing and HPI.. you may want to also check them out.

10. Jervin

Jervin Member

You make a very good point. Thanks for bringing that up. It is RTR and comes with stock Deadbolt electronics.

I should of clarified this in my first post but it's $300 Canadian he is looking to get out of this used SCX10 - if that makes a difference.

11. Jervin

Jervin Member

Thanks for the feed back. It's is a RTR it comes with the stock Deadbolt electronics. I have a Multi Charge X2 and a few 5000mah hard Lipo packs. I also have a spectrum radio I would use in it. I'm mainly interested in the chassis.

It might be more worth my while to get the SCX10 2 kit.

Hummm decisions....

It's $300 Canadian if that makes any difference.

I can't believe I waited so long to actually join a forum every one is provide great points and feedback.

spawn and Little Rascle like this.
  12. Jervin

Jervin Member

Nice rigs!! I do like the idea of a kit. I think it would be a great benefit to completely understand your rig.

I have an RC10T4.3 currently but I do want to get into some crawling/trailing. I have an 8 year old stepson so I'm also looking to just have another 1/10 rig so we can bash around together.

walter and Little Rascle like this.
  13. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If you are looking just for some inexpensive rigs then I would look into the Redcat and Exceed RC's then you could both have the same sort of rigs and crawl together..

spawn and Little Rascle like this.
  14. spawn

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  15. spawn

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    lots to go with do some checking around u can build a new ring 4 350 or so just have to look

16. RZC

RZC Well-Known Member

I have had a stock scx10 deadbolt for around three years now and have had only one problem which was when the plastic c hub broke. But that was because of some stupid mistake I made crawling over wood. So all in all a great truck. My first trail truck and now they haven't discontinued it last I checked and were asking stock RTR (minus battery setup) 300. But the metal parts would make a second hand truck worth that amount t. But still depends if it's Chinese and badly made. I would recommend this truck but they are coming out with a new line called the scx10 ll and s I supposedly another deadbolt as well as some other options but I have no idea when they would be released. So if u want something now that's your choice. Just make sure it's what you think is good and is what you want. Like others have said you can still rebuild an scx10 with aftermarket parts of you wanted. And some of the parts on the scx10 ll I believe may crossover to the scx10. U will have to check me on that.