1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"New" toys

Discussion in 'Mini Racers' started by Mowgli, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well I broke down and picked up a couple of xmods off ebay. Basically I've got almost no clue about these little buggers so I've been checkin out the web for info and found some but any hints or insights would be great. I'm thinking of changing over to lipo, I was thinking of using the little 800-900 mah 2s heli size ones, don't think they'd fry the board but let me know if it would. And I'd run one of those low voltage buzzers so I blow the battery. Oh and they're gen -1s, I don't know if I need to upgrade FETs to go lipo or not (one of the things I can't seem to find out on the web). I'll get some pics up when they get here and hopefully maybe a vid or two.

2. Mowgli

ELiTE MEMBER

What are xmods that far out of style that I don't even get a "can't wait to see the pics" post haha. And they haven't come in yet so, but I will post some pics when they get here.

#2 Mowgli, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  3. skaterpunk

skaterpunk New Member

I have xmods had them for years they were my upgradeable rc before I got into hobby grade. They would prolly be fine with a 1s lipo but the ESC does not have a lipo cut off so you would have the risk of damaging the lipo. And you would have to solder a connector form the lipo and a place to but it.

4. Mowgli

ELiTE MEMBER

That's why I was going to run the alarm so I didn't run the lipo down too far which is basically what the cut off is, and a 1s is less voltage then runnin stock so. Soldering a couple connectors is no biggy. And I figured just velcroing it to the top of the chassis would be good enough, it'll make the cg a bit higher but I don't think it would be a problem. From what I've seen the motors will take up to about 8.5 volts if I got that wrong please let me know.

5. skaterpunk

skaterpunk New Member

Yes the alarm would be a great idea. The motor can take a higher voltage one AAA battery I believe is 1.2 volts so 4 would be 4.8 volts which is more then a 1s lipo but the ESC may not be able to handle more. Please post pictures, I I may dig mine out of the basement.