1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Wraith Project

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by Rivval, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Rivval

Rivval Active Member

My new wraith i just got its the kit just got it all put together.i picked up the Pro-line roof rack and a aluminum link kit for it. Its going to be a long build tho lots of stuff that i would like to do to it all in time. Ill keep posting pics as it gets better. Also if anyone has any tips that work to get some better performance out of it that would be great let me know what u guys think of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rivval

Rivval Active Member

Ok guys here is an update on the new project let me know what u think about it. Did a little mod to the roll cage using the Wraith Kits aluminum lower links that i didnt use. I picked up some 103mm Gmade piggyback shocks. i had moved the position that the shocks mount in and greatly improved the articulation of the suspension had moved the battery to the front and just had to move the reciever box up a little bit and put the ESC under the center console right above the motor. anyways here is some pics please let me know what u guys think would love to get some feedback. THANKS!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#2 Rivval, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. KSrcDad

KSrcDad New Member

It looks alot better with that back end chopped off, & nice use of the extra links!

4. matthenard

matthenard New Member

So that's what I've always thought looked weird about the Wraith... Looks a million times cooler with the back chopped like that! Good eye and nice work!!!

5. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks good. I think one of these will be next for me.

6. Rivval

Rivval Active Member

UPDATE!! I have done a few more things as u will see to my ever changing wraith let me know what u think and thanks for all the awesome feedback!
    Here is a list of the stuff i have done so far. By the way if anyone is wondering the rear bumper is not supposed to work with the Wraith its way to wide
    i cut the ends and capped it off with some lexan and re painted it and made a little mount so i could use it i think it turned out pretty good. Also the lights
    are the stock light buckts from the Wraith just trimmed out the holes in the body so they would pop in

- Proline Jeep Wrangler Wraith body (colors - Lime Ice / Metalic Black )
    - Proline Ridgeline Bumper set
    - 3Racing winch
    - Rc4wd Steel Beadlock wheels
    - Tekin Fx-R W/ T35 HD motor
    - 9000 mah SMC 2s Lipo

ALSO!!!!! I am thinking about doing 4 wheel steering i would like to know what u guys think about it should i do it or keep it 2 wheel steering. Thanks!
    Anyways here are the picks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. GotCox

GotCox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Very cool looking wraith! With the stock body i prefer the wraith with the long rear, but with the new body that looks great. Like the bumpers and winch also. Nice additions. Wheels would really set this off if they matched the body color, in my opinion. :yuush:

#7 GotCox, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013