1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Help: How Tight Should C Hub Screws Be??

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Sarogus, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Sarogus

Sarogus New Member

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked before, just a little lost atm.

I'm new to RC's and I'm halfway through my first clean/maintenance check on my SCX10 2 Trail Honcho. I've finally worked up the courage after trawling forums and Youtube Vids in an effort to 'prepare myself.' Despite appearing complicated and daunting, well I thought so, it's actually really simple and easy to take apart my Honcho completely and then rebuild it. I've actually quite enjoyed it quite a lot.

My only concern/issue is how tight are the screws that attach the C Hubs to the Axle supposed to be? Idk whether they're supposed to be a little looser, firm but not over tightened, or really tight? I assume that the tighter they're the harder the servo has to work, or is that just me? I also realise too loose and bumps and rocks on the track might be able to shift my steering? I'm just a little lost for this one bit and seeking clarification.

Sorry for rambling, any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the forums! It's crucial being able to working on your rig and having the courage to do so. You definitely don't want to over tighten them and strip them out. They really aren't designed to stop the steering from moving when hitting rocks. Some resistance is alright but binding/hard to move is no good. If you want more clarification or have any more questions feel free!

3. Sarogus

Sarogus New Member

Thanks for the reply, I ended up leaving them firm but not tight and after putting everything back together it's running just fine.
    Crucial is an understatement, knowing how to completely rebuild my Honcho now has opened the door. What I thought were hard mods I now know are really simple things.
    Thanks again for the clarification, nice to be confident in a choice I made.