1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in Indiana!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by JordanRellim, Sep 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JordanRellim

JordanRellim New Member

Media:
    Hey fellow RC enthusiasts! I'm from central Indiana and I can honestly say if it weren't for DJMedic's videos I wouldn't have gotten into this hobby. I am working on completing my first 1/10th scale rig, it's an Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I'll post some pictures of it once its all finished, any ideas, tips, or comments would be much appreciated! Hope Ya'll have an awesome day!

2. Wr@1th

Wr@1th Member

Welcome man. Look forward to seeing your rig. Check out Indiana scale rock crawlers on Facebook.

3. JordanRellim

JordanRellim New Member

Media:
    Awesome will do an Thank You!

4. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum

5. JordanRellim

JordanRellim New Member

Media:
    Thank You!

6. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

well I don't know how much you've all ready learned by browsing and watching videos .
    but most of us mount our center skid backwards so the motor hangs more toward the front of the scx10.
    also mount the battery plate on the front end of it .
    .these free mods will make it climb better by shifting weight forward .
    inside the shocks is a rubber bumper or bump stop . shaving it off with a razor will increase shock travel thus increasing articulation .

then just go have fun ...
    but if you are like me and wish to get it wet . then water proof it the best you can .
    also the most popular motor battery setup is a 35t brushed with a 3s lipo battery ... it may be best to start off with a 2s lipo as it will be much easier on the parts .

7. JordanRellim

JordanRellim New Member

Media:
    Yeah I have watched a ton of videos on the scx10, I just got it running five minutes ago, and now im tweaking a bunch of stuff. I just need to attach the body to it and it should be good to go for pictures! I already can't wait to buy a second one of these! I was thinking about mounting the battery to the front, but I am not sure what you mean about the motor? Free mods are the best mods! Thanks for the advice I think I will play with her a little more before I do to much else. I really don't like that you have to glue the wheels in place. Any more advice/tips/hints are always welcome! Thank you Y2dat

8. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

No problem
    the motor forward mod is done by removing the center plate that the transmission bolts to. And Turing it 180° and reinstalling it. U will need to swap the links as well. Front to rear and rear to front

9. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

If you have not glued the tires to the rims yet. You can cut two of the foams to make two tires softer than the other two. For the front. When I'm home I can find u pics. But the idea is to make the front tires a bit softer than the rear. It helps in climbing.

10. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome. Axial is a good rig you will have to post up some pic's.........:Bouaaaaah:

Y2daT likes this.
  11. JordanRellim

JordanRellim New Member

Media:
    Hey Thanks all for the support! Love the enthusiasm here! Sorry I have been gone was helping a friend one weekend with his wee ones and hanging out with my friend and her son the past few weeks ( he loves my "Monster truck jeep") Once I figure out how to post pictures I will!

#11 JordanRellim, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015