1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie please help: SCX-10 ESC glitching.

Discussion in 'ESC's, Wiring & Batteries' started by Welderjeff, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Welderjeff

Welderjeff New Member

Just getting into crawlers, I bought two used scx10s. I just put a tekin fxr in the second one exact same as the first, except running this one on 3s, instead of 2s. Having problems with glitching, the truck will stop responding, then start jerking forward on its own, sometimes the steering is affected as well, steer good one way, and start glitching the other way. Any help would be great. Thank You:omg:

#1 Welderjeff, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You probably need a Glitch Buster. Friends of mine use them in their crawlers. They had the same problem as you. They use the Novak Glitch Buster. After they got the glitch buster. Their Crawlers worked fine. Here is a link for the Glitch Buster.

TowerHobbies.com | Novak Glitch Buster Capacitor

3. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What Receivers (RX) are you running, if they are the stock ones the one that is glitching may be dying, try swapping the receivers or binding both to the same controller to eliminate one of them, if its not the controller or RX, then a Glitch Buster may help, but if your getting that kind of interference I would look for the reason on the truck, having two makes Troubleshooting easier as you have a second "test platform" to play with. I kept my Stock RX and Controller after I went to a Flysky GT3C and have had to use it to Troubleshoot a few issues..... Good luck and keep us informed on how this turns out.

4. Welderjeff

Welderjeff New Member

Thank you, I have a glitch buster coming from Tower Hobbies, we will see if it works.

5. Welderjeff

Welderjeff New Member

Glitch Buster installed, still having problems. the other truck has the same esc, and receiver, different battery, and steering servo. Is it worth trying a different servo, it happens the most when full turn to right.