1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nitro engine issue

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by RC_Psycho, Dec 15, 2012.

1. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

hey guys just a question for y'all bout my engine on my plane..
    I'm working on restoring an old nitro RC plane and I'm doing pretty good (since Ive never worked on any kind of engines before) but today I tried to start it up and it seems to not be putting the fuel to the engine properly, the hoses are clear and I followed the steps I found online on how to prime and start one, but its just not pushing the fuel through the hoses. I think it may be an air leak somewhere but I cant be positive since I don't really know what I'm doing lol. I want to see if I can get the engine started before Christmas since I wanna show it working to the son of the original builder of the plane as a surprise.. do you guys know what may be causing this or any idea where I should start looking at to fix?

please, any help you can give me would be awesome and very appreciated.

Ill add a couple pics of the engine below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Here check this out Psycho it is for ground based rc , but the techniques are the same.

[video=youtube;thEln8jrmhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=thEln8jrmhk[/video]

3. RC_Psycho

RC_Psycho Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

thank you Crankbait Ill start working on this as soon as possible :)