1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob alert

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Grifter, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Grifter

Grifter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What's up new friends and greetings from west virginia. I wondered in here after a day worth of googling and oogling drift Rc. I've always liked Rc since I was a kid. My dad and his buddies ran stadium trucks when I was a kid but I was never really allowed to play with the other boys after I broke a few a arms and knuckles. I remember wishing the wheels didn't stick out so far. I all but forgot about Rc until about 4 years ago when I seen an ad for the slash. I've been runnin the slash for 3 years now and last year I bought a vxl slash for myself so me and my oldest boy could start racing together. Wasn't long before he fried out all my brushed motors and I moved him up to the vxl. He's only 8 and really likes it so I haven't had a chance to race myself yet in the interest of keeping him running. It's been a busy week for me leading up to tomorrow's race. I installed a new sidewinder system and rebuilt the shocks and ordered and recieved our first set of Lipo batteries so tomorow night should see some epic crashes as we r waaaaaaay faster than we need to be now. Anyhow I ramble. I'm super stoked about this new drift sensation I've found. Now I want a front engine rear wheel drive drift machine for christmas. Wife's gonna love that. Anyway I'd like to say in advance nice to meet everyone as I have been creepin so much reading around here it forced me to register so I kinda feel like I already know a few of u. I'm sure I'll post some noob questions here and there and beg for advice on the best 2wd drifter to get near Christmas. See u round.

2. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

welcome aboard dude!!!!!

3. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to RCS! See you around!

4. firefighter3

firefighter3 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

How ya doing ? Welcome to RCSparks. It's great to be able to share the hobby with your son.As you make your way around the forum's your gonna find a lot of helpful information.If you ever get stuck on some thing just ask,we'll help you out.:)

5. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to are little family, that seems to be growing everyday. If you need help or just have a question this is the place to be. Help is just a post away............ :haveaniceday:

6. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hey and welcome to the forums mate! Great to have you here with us at RC Sparks! Sounds like you've got things nutted out pretty well! If you need any help/advice just sing out! Your rigs sound pretty awesome mate, post up some pics when you get a chance we'd love to see them. :) Enjoy the boards mate! :)

7. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to RC Sparks. :yuush:

8. LST04

LST04 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to RCsparks!

9. bongofish

bongofish Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forums :)

10. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum, ask questions when you don't know something, share what you learn with others, and always HAVE FUN!!!!!

11. W1ck3d0n3

W1ck3d0n3 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the site lots of good brains to pick around here. O btw love the Deadpool pic.

We ride mudgrips on every thang camouflage on every thang redneck on every thang.

12. Joker777

Joker777 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hi and welcome to RC Sparks.

13. Grifter

ELiTE MEMBER

ok couldnt figure out the pic, sorry never tried posting a pic on any forum. ever. tried putting a link from facebook but it just showed a little icon to open the image and then it took u to my facebook and it was logged in. any help appreciated. anyway thanks so much for the warm welcome and everything. and wickedone that is a pic of grifter on my avatar not deadpool. deadpool uses circles around his eyes. i only point it out cuz if u know how awesome deadpool is u should give grifter a read. he is originally from image comics about 18 or 20 years ago but he got a series in dc last year and was in the wildc.a.t.s, and now u know im a nerd. anyway nice to meet everyone.

#13 Grifter, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  14. W1ck3d0n3

W1ck3d0n3 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

OOOOO well I will haft to check out Grifter. I will head down to the comic shop later today when I go into town. thnx

We ride mudgrips on every thang camouflage on every thang redneck on every thang.

15. Grifter

ELiTE MEMBER

U won't regret it. The team7 stuff he is in is especially good. All those characters r sick.

16. DezertRC

DezertRC New Member

Hey mate all your drift questions u have im the guy u need to ask! Welcome to the forums 2wd drift cars dont really exist unless your taking the drive shaft out of a 4wd witch would be pointless XD but the nice thing about drifting is its very cheep! unlike scaling or racing... trust me ive sunken to much money into some rigs :) but a good start would be hpi sprint2, u dont really need the flux because all u need in drifting the sudden torque so i just buy higher turn motors, although i must say the Novak velociti brushless set up in my tc3 drift is one of my best drift cars. any other questions just let me know, look on craigslist! drifters are always cheap, enjoi the forums

17. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hello and welcome to the rcsparks forum! Here is the perfect place for you RC Drifting and here is how you can post pictures to the forum How to Use this Forum. I hope you enjoy the forum!

18. Grifter

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks for the link to the how to's and the drift forum. creeping the drift forum so much is what made me register. im starting to think about maybe locking the diff on my castle slash, throwing some rustler street tires, lowering it with some zip ties and buying parma 55 body and making a homemade slash drifter. i hooked it up on some wet pavement with 3 year old stock tires that are bald and it was gettin decent figure 8s around pop cans. coulda been way better tho if i made the suspension more rigid and locked the diff. i think it could work but time will tell. i hate to scrap a racing rig to do it. might just have to build another slash. anyway, lets see if i can post some pics of what i run. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] here is my castle slash with rpm rear a arms, still running am radio sadly, it was my first slash. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] here is the stock vxl i got last year when its cleaned up and got fresh homeade decals applied. my boy races it and my dads barbershop "sponsors" him. he loves it. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] and here is a pic of them lined up. again thanks for the warm welcome and all the tips to get me posting.

19. DezertRC

DezertRC New Member

i like the green rear rmp a arms, it looks cool might have to go pick some up

20. RiverRat

RiverRat New Member

Welcome aboard !!! Im a neighbor of yours (Maryland) :) Hope you enjoy your stay here. This is a safe harbor for all RC addicts. Ever have a question just ask. We have a strong community here and we are glad to have you be a part of it. Feel free to add me as a friend and see round the boards!