1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL OHOs Bomber.

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by OHO, Mar 8, 2018.

1. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nothing too much to report, axles all done, the rest will follow, don't plan on major upgrades with this, just want to beat the snot out of it, waiting for electrics to come in stock at RCmart.

And a preview of my scale garage, more to come on that in it's own thread sometime.

Electrics will be Castle Mamba X, Slate 2850kv motor on 3s/4s Savox 1272, SR415 and my trusty DX4C.

[​IMG]

2. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Shocks all done, fresh from the pallet.

Front and rear axles complete and ready to go on.

Annoyingly, I'm missing the little metal servo plate from the kit, searched every bag for it and the box, no sign of it anywhere, might just make my own.

I can't wait until stuff starts arriving for the garage as well, it's getting full but looks bare.

[​IMG]

Antho11 and Little Rascle like this.
  3. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The pallets need weathered and beat up, that would sell the scale realism better lol.

Cool lookin shop and build

walter likes this.
  4. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It's all still in the very early stages.. My other one is pretty weathered and beaten :)
    I was in a rush to take the picture lol.

5. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well, she rolls.

I was unsure what to do about electrics, RCmart didn't seem to be getting stock of what I wanted, although they told me mid-March, having realised all I needed was a motor for a brushed set up, I looked around and the Holmes Trailmaster Sport 550 27t and 21t seemed to be the best budget option for getting muddy and not wrecking a high end brushed motor, so for $20, I ordered the 21t, checked Holmes' site for gearing and I am currently running 64/10, I couldn't find a 9t pinion or I'd have tried that just to begin with, but a 10-11t is recommended anyway.

Paint is nice and simple, just some gun metal highlights, I might add a few stickers to it as well, but we'll see, as with interior, just simple, gun metal figures and helmets, the rest black.

I have ordered some of the rear springs for the front, the front seems very stiff and the only difference is the springs, so I want it matching and I'll put those on when they arrive.

Hopefully I might actually get to testing tomorrow, but if not it'll be within the next few days, so hopefully the motor survives and I might get some pictures too.

For now, these ones will have to do.

Hmm, there is something missing?!

[​IMG]

Cut cut cut.

[​IMG]

Top tip to get your lines matching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nooo, too shiny!

[​IMG]

So much better!

[​IMG]

Interior is so annoying to mask.

[​IMG]

Nope, too shiny again...

[​IMG]

These pads are excellent for stuff like interiors or panels that aren't flat, it works so much better than sandpaper.

[​IMG]

Matt, flat and ready to attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my electrics of choice, along with the Savox 1271.

[​IMG]

walter and Bluedually like this.
  6. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

you never seen a new pallet ?

Bluedually likes this.
  7. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don't think so lol

walter likes this.
  8. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I will have a few new and few weathered/painted maybe :)

I will say, I have really missed running a 2.2 rig!
    So much fun, so capable, only gave it a very small run, because the servo horn was loose and I didn't take any tools with me, stupidly.
    I did take a few pictures though, nothing too exciting, as I went very easy on it due to the servo horn being loose.
    Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bluedually and walter like this.
  9. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I wasn't going to upload this, but decided to anyway as a few people referenced seeing some footage.

It's nothing too crazy, due to the servo horn being loose, on that climb and roll, you can see the front wheels stay facing one side, due to the horn slipping.

I need to order a new one just to be on the safe side, but not sure which yet, I need something decent for this though.

Here's the little bit of footage I got anyway, hope you enjoy.

Bluedually likes this.
  10. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sorry for the picture spam, but here's some of the Bomber from Fridays run with the Yeti, there should be some footage to come too, but haven't looked at it yet, let alone edited it.

I will say this thing is awesome, absolutely love it, I hammered it pretty hard as time went on and didn't break anything that I have found.

My Dad went nuts with his Yeti and broke nothing either, considering it is completely stock, it's one of the strongest I've witnessed first hand!

Anyway, hope you enjoy the picture!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bluedually likes this.
  11. OHO

OHO Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I was unsure if to bother with a wheel upgrade for this, because the stock ones held up fine, they were vented and all 5 matched, but in the end I caved and ordered some, all 5 arrived super quick from China, so I can't complain!

I want to get a slightly more secure spare wheel winder, not sure what else to call it, but the plastic one feels like it will strip easily and I don't want to just use a nyloc nut either, so I'll have to have a look around for that or maybe get one machined.

I'm also very unhappy with my Vanquish lightbar mounts, broke on the first roll today, I know I didn't have a lightbar actually on yet, I was doing some meauring up and decided to just leave the brackets on and they broke today like cheap China metal, not good.

So I will have to come up with something if I want to run a lightbar too as I won't buy those brackets again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's light time!

Didn't take pictures doing the fronts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also very happy this combo is holding up, specifically the motor, I ran it quite hard today, a lot of flat out throttle climbing and jumping and the motor was only warm, I feel I could go up 2 or 3 pinion teeth, but I won't, just to be on the safe side, for what I'd actually gain in speed, it's not really worth the risk.

I plan on getting the lightbar on somehow, not sure how yet or what brackets I will use.

I absolutely love this thing!

I feel in future I may end up going brushless with it, but for now I'm very happy with it