1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Man Scale Crawler Noob.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Mill Philler, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mill Philler

Mill Philler Member

Media:
    Hi everyone. I started into this hobby about 15 years ago when I bought an electric stadium truck for my son for Christmas. His interest lasted about 6 months and mine... well I'm still here. :)

My gear is mostly old school stuff: 3 - 1/10 electric stadium trucks. 1- 1/10 elec buggy. 2 elec 1/10 Touring Cars. However, I have recently been piecing together an SCX-10 and that is how I ended up here. I am really impressed by the Calgary area's contributors to You-Tube. I could stream Medic and many others videos for hours. I get off track from time to time. An old laptop with wifi is a critical part of my RC bench.

I try to work at not letting project costs get out of control. My SCX-10 project (first new one in 6 years) is a real budget build. (at least so far) I found a Dingo kit missing axles, wheels, tires, body and frame rails for $100, then scored a pair of built axle assemblies for $70. Ordered enough to finish the truck with some aluminum for another $160 dollars. I think I got enough electronics laying around to get me going; just going to need some 1.9 bead locks and tires.

I havn't bought any links yet, because finding a suitable body seems a lot harder than I thought. I would sure like to find a reference list somewhere for the SCX-10 that lists wheel bases with link sizes and references them to bodies available.

Any way, thanks for having me. I can't get enough of the info available here.

2. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum
    you may want to check out the how to make your own 4 links vid in my signature ... now you can fit any body and build the links to fit the wheel base of the body . and they are cheap but super tough and long lasting links .
    you can get stock 1.9s for around 30-40 mounted on ebay .

#2 Y2daT, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Mill Philler likes this.
  3. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hello and welcome aboard the RC Sparks forums mate!! Glad to have you here with us! Loads to see and do here on the boards mate, jump right on in and chat it up! everyone here is really friendly and helpful! Enjoy the boards mate!! :)

Mill Philler likes this.
  4. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to RCSparks. Have a look around and feel free to ask any questions you might have. Lots of helpful members here. See you around. Enjoy