1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

on-board camera help!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by bumpin, Aug 4, 2013.

1. bumpin

bumpin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

to medic or anyone else who runs an on-board camera.

hey guys and girls i just got a new action cam for my dingo! after making a few runs with it and some minor adjustments, i am still getting a ton of camera shake. is there anything you might be able to tel me as to how i could mount the camera to eliminate that issue. i know there will be shake to some degree but this is ridiculous.
    here is the link warning i dot have software to flip the picture yet please bear with me.
    shakey camera track run - YouTube

2. 1santaever

1santaever Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i would make sure it is as tightly mounted as you can get it i had one that i hung from the roll chage and just go slow i upgraded to a go pro and its much better

3. bumpin

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks man ! have you ever seen any frame mounts ? i was just wondering if that might be more stable.

4. bbwolf

bbwolf Guest

A few years ago, back before all the new fancy cameras that we have now, I use a very small dig camera zip tied to the top of the body and used velcro (top and bottom) to help soften the shake. The faster you go, it becomes harder to stop it. But if you go slow enough, like for scale shots, you will be fine.

5. bumpin

ELiTE MEMBER

thanks for the tip bbwolf! i have been practicing with it and i just got a tripod too for the cool angles. once i figure out windows movie editor i will be golden :yuush: