1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Boss or Stars and Stripes?

Discussion in 'Scale Truck Chat' started by BruinsLegend, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I use to be part of another forum and i made the same thread. After about 84 people reviewed my post and not 1 single reply. Not even a good luck to you or anything. I came to this forum after watching DJ medic and his RC adventures. I am surprised why I haven't got on here sooner. Back to the thread. I am going to make a Crew Cab out of an axial scx10. I have come up with 2 inspirations for my build and cant decide. So asked one community and got nothing. So I am trying this great community.

Heres my first option

Project Stars and Stripes.

PerfAutoGroup Extreme Blog: Trail Master's Ford F-250 Lift Kit Helps Make Their Company Truck A Heavy-Duty Hauler

A final product look. Notice in this picture (ignore the jeep) the roof rack and sliders (they change).

Next is Project Pit Boss. Please note that this will be fitted with a heavier bumper and will be lifted (dont know how high yet)

2011 Ford F-350 Super Duty by Airhead Kustoms and Cars by Kris at 2010 SEMA Show

A little vid of the bed ( not sure if ill do this though ) but if you have ideas let me know.

2011 Ford F350 Super Duty "Pit Boss" - YouTube

Well there ya go guys. Let me know witch one you like best!

2. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

3. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

I kinda like the trail master truck better.

4. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

5. Honda95freek

Honda95freek MadMan Moderator

I like the pit bull style. It would be cool to see done

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

6. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Do you think i should do the hydraulic bed? If so and ideas on how?

7. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

Couple of micro servos would be the cheaper way to go. The do make scale hydraulic systems but they are very expensive . The air powered retracts is also another option.

8. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Yeah i was thinking servos as well. My only problem would be the dropped bed. That will limit my space with servos, also in my Bumpers for pit boss i chose. I want that rear winch as well as the front winch so my space will be limited. Im thinking of making 4 holes on the right angles edge of the bed. Put some posts (like in the vid of the bed) through the holes that connect to the bed cover. Then use a servo or something to lift all 4 posts. That will lift the bed cover. But my space is limited. Oh well, part of the hobby right?

9. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Would the trail finder chassis be better for this than the scx10?

10. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Well i am going with the scx10 and turning it into the pit boss. I'll be getting the scx10 i the middle of may (soon) and my next step will be the body. Ill get sometime in beginning of june. I know large time span for first two parts but im not that wealthy. Many things going on and this truck will help me get away from that. Some people say the body is last but i need length and size before i can do anything. I start with the body, then chassis, then paint. Should come out nicely.

Does anyone know anyone who makes wheels? I like the double troubles but if i can replicate the ones on the actual pitboss, it would be nice. BTW they will be painted. Thanks guys, will be starting soon!

11. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

hmmm idk what wheels, rc4wd makes rims for duallies. go with the pit boss tho!

12. BruinsLegend

BruinsLegend New Member

Well there are those old dually wheels by rc4wd but there discontinued and no where to be found.

13. AJrc123

AJrc123 Honorary Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Id go with the grey and orange, but thats just my opinion, and dont forget if you do one and dont like it you can always repaint