1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please add region specific sub forums to the local clubs area

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions' started by dna4engr, Aug 12, 2013.

1. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have perused the local club thread several times and it is really a mish-mash of different posts from different people in different areas. There is not a good way to keep it all straight. Can you please create sub forum threads in the local club forum for each State and Province? At least that way, we can click on the area we are interested in and post things related to that area. I know it sounds like it could get cluttered and I am not a website designer. I'll try to explain what I mean. In the local club forum, if there was a list (alphabetically by state) that were written across the page, rather than one line per sub forum, you can click on one (Minnesota in my case) and get directed at posts and threads related to your region, not a bunch of random threads.

Most of the posts I've happened to catch that pertain to Minnesota are people looking for good crawling spots, race tracks, or hobby shops. Basically they have to ask everytime rather than just going directly to the Minnesota section. As this develops, people who are traveling to other areas can read about that area before they get there to see where to go for good RC fun.

Please, please look at this as I think it will really help Newbies and experienced RC'ers alike.

Dana

2. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR

3. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yea I read that thread. I just feel that the local club forum isn't useful in its current form. At the very least if we could break it into region. Then we don't have all these random threads and we have some structure so people don't have to look through tons of threads. Yes someone could use the search function, although a safe source for information is always better than random posts and threads.
    Really just suggested it cuz it is utilized on other rc hobby forums and it really works quite well. The goal is to grow the hobby and IMHO Mn and WI need some help and organization.

Dna