1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help: HSP SCT pinion.

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Baden, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Baden

Baden New Member

Hey guys,

I have a 1/10 HSP SCT and the original 26t steel pinion somehow snapped off two teeth right next to each other.

So I ordered a 21t 48p steel pinion to lower temps and because I needed a new pinion but after only a few runs the gear is worn down and the teeth are sharp and no matter what mesh I try it doesn't sound good at all.

What pitch should I be using? I think I read somewhere that metric and imperial don't work together?

PLEASE HELP!

2. Diablo

Diablo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hi mate. Do you know what the pitch is of the pinion and spur? The pitch must be the same otherwise you will reshape the teeth.

The teeth on an new pinion and spur should be identical if they are the same pitch.

3. Baden

Baden New Member

There is no pitch in the manual. The pinion I got did have different teeth on it so they must of been different pitches but the pinion was 48 and I guessed the spur was the same. What's module?

This is the pinion I got: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11181-HS...les&hash=item4ac1b27042&_uhb=1#ht_2970wt_1271

And the spur is part no. 11184

Should have got a Slash just for the never ending amount of info on them alone!

Thanks.

#3 Baden, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

not sure what you mean by "module".

But generally you get 32, 48, or 64 pitch gears. just make sure they match. 32 pitch pinion, with a 32 pitch spur. my guess is your running a 32 pitch and a 48 pitch.

5. Baden

Baden New Member

Just came across a thread and Module (MOD) is either the metric or imperial version of pitch and they are slightly different. Someone said my spur is 0.6MOD and because I got a 48p pinion instead of 0.6MOD, the spur is chewing up the pinion. Not sure whether to get 0.6MOD pinion or 48p spur now.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much. lol

:)

6. Diablo

ELiTE MEMBER

all good mate, no confusion.

I would be getting a new pinion and spur that are the same pitch just to ensure that its going to mesh perfectly and no guessing.

there is probably damage to the spur thats chewing up pinion teeth anyways.

7. Baden

Baden New Member

Thats a good idea :)

Just sucks that Helipal.com is the only place I can find them as the Chinese sellers on eBay don't say and probably don't even know what pitch/mod their gears are. And I'm from Australia. Shipping -_-