1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PM Hobbycraft - a Radio Control Wonderland

Discussion in 'RC Adventure Video Series' started by RCSparks, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8f4ifZDHuU

In the Spirit of supporting family-run hobby shops, I make this film in dedication PM Hobbycraft - a Very Awesome Hobby Store.

Thank you to everyone involved at this store for helping make RC ADVENTURES as good as it can be :) The RC ADDiCTS of the Online World Thank You!

"PM Hobbycraft" - Simply put - RC Heaven. I have been going to PM Hobbycraft for more than 15 years.. Yup, I said it..(haha). I remember the first time I walked in to this store.. I was about 17 - drooling over all the cool toys they had. If I only knew then what I knew now.. I wouldn't have been able to contain myself with excitement. Many of my viewers over the years have asked me to do an "in detail" video of PM Hobbycraft, and as I am a huge believer in supporting your local Hobby shops - I wanted to show off the one I visit the most. I am very fortunate to live in a city that has many amazing Hobby shops - and to have so many friends involved in this great pass-time. Family run businesses like PM Hobbycraft are the reason our Hobby became so popular to begin with. The hobby of radio control has been around for 100 years - and for more then half a century - PM Hobbycraft has been there to support Calgarians and the world in building memories!

As you can see there are plenty of Radio Control Trucks, RC Planes, Cars, Tanks, and More! This store is my main location for getting a lot of my cool RC's that appear on the show.

The Store featured in this video is "North Calgary" - Here is the Address if your ever rolling through this city..

Address: 2020J 32 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6T4
    Hours: 9:30 am -- 9:00 pm

Here is their Facebook Page! I am standing in the Profile Picture with the President, Doug! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pm-Hobby-Craft-Ltd/172277133822

They have a great website that is soon to be updated! Hobbyists every where are looking forward to the new release of the anticipated website!

Speaking of website - here is a blurb from the PM Hobbycraft "History" page. (Our History - PM Hobbycraft)

"Here at PM Hobbycraft we have always taken pride in being able to be a fun place to shop for the whole family and in the years preceding our move to the new store we were forced to sacrifice space from our craft section for the quickly growing radio controlled cars and airplanes."

- Well, there you have it!! I have filmed the South Location in a prior video release - here is the Link: RC ADVENTURES - PM HOBBYCRAFT (South Location) Ted's Garage has a New Home! - YouTube

I hope this gives you a good look at the amazing RC Wonderland that PM Hobbycraft is.. and maybe one day I will see you there!

Enjoy the film!

Where I get my RC's: http://www.PMHobbycraft.ca

BignBlue likes this.
  2. CrawlinDuck

CrawlinDuck Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wow what a wonderful looking place to shop. Makes me wish that I lived in or near Calgary so that I too could call this place my LHS.
    :haveaniceday:

3. silentj001

silentj001 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

wish my local hobby shop was more like pm hobbycraft. the radio controlled section at my lhs is more like hobbycrafts proline tire section in the video

4. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hi,
    my name is Greenie,
    I'm looking for a job in Calgary. Have experience in Warehouse management, Management, and Hospitality..........................

DUDE!!!!
    what a store/s..... that's bigger them most of the shopping centres here... and ALL for hobbies!!!!!!!!

super jealous!!!!
    :punky: