1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Double D90

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by Kevin B, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
  2. krankillen

krankillen Do not drink and crawl, you might slip and fall
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
  3. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

@Y2daT challenges you to a duel LOL
    I have a lifted D90 on a scx10 chassis ... 20V drill motor and Holmes Hobby esc charging the 2 3S batts right now for a 6S test run .... :)
    for your dual motor build I would use a holmes hobby esc and two 35 t motors in series . then 6 S it ...
    provided youve beefed up the drive line

#3 Y2daT, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  4. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    Drive lone is all stock that's the next step an did you have to modify wheel base? Also what links thanks bro

5. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

6. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    Looking for a tire an wheel set ebay has alot but would like another option. Any advice is most appreciated

7. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just a suggestion . with the d90 body so high in the air you will need some wheel /axle weight to counter balance the body . so Get real bead locks ... metal wheels will go ahead and give you some weight .. bead locks will allow you to add and remove weight till you get it like you want it .
    RC4wd has some nice ones to choose from http://store.rc4wd.com/Wheels_c_16.html, Gear Head makes some nice options . http://www.gearheadrc.com/

I went with Gmade 2.2 air rims ... but the rings suck and broke too easy so I went to gear head and got derlin bead lock rings to fix them like they are now . with less lift my ride was real tippy . And i need to weight my wheels some .
    Most guys use lead wire to weight their wheels and add anywhere form a couple ounces to 5-6 ounces per tire .
    like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEAD-WIRE-1...161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf59d4799
    [​IMG]

8. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    Is that freaking Steve erwin lol hell yes that's cool

9. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

yup. Steve was awesome and thanks

10. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    Ok so I think I'm gonna customize the d90 to work with my chassis a Lil better. I want the long wheel base. So that said Y2daT would like your opinion an I have all aluminum links now but would like a better set for steering an I know integy isn't the place to look or would it do for now

11. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have a axial (kit style) aluminum link in the front and a Top cad set on the rear .... but again For the most performance and least money Make some just like the 4 links . I prefer adjustable links so that you can correct steering if the link gets bent or if your knuckle set is different than stock . so if you'd rather buy then make them id go with the axial or another good brand ( the top cad ones are beefy but the extra beef restricts turning radius a bit ) the shiny all aluminum ones look great but , will be located in a easy to bend and scratch spot . so if you bash like I do they will not look good long . ( I have not purchased any integy scx-10 stuff . but have read to avoid linlks and bumpers ... other integy items reported to be ok?? )
    The top cad set is dirt cheep and will do . ( i bought the knuckle set and steering link for 20.00 ish the link is great the knuckles fit a bit tight . but seem well crafted . ) I did a little fitting on the knuckles so they would not be binding my steering.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....TRS0&_nkw=axial+steering+link+scx10&_sacat=0
    This is a generic ebay search ... get a set with the removable ends . so you can adjust them if necessary.

12. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    Thanks man I appreciate all you input an think I will make some when the time comes an I beat the hell out of mine so the shiny stuff don't matter lol

13. Kevin B

Kevin B Member

Media:
    One thing I hate is my truck is an old ax10 I converted an it doesn't have dust cover for gear. I'm sure I can get the slipper an cover seprate. Well I hope

14. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

there is no Dual motor cover ( that I know of)...so I would go with 32pitch spur and pinion ..... I run my Stadium truck like this and have no gear issues ... I kill 48 p like there is no tomorrow .
    for water runs with out the cover you will need to lock the slipper. or the water will make it slip like crazy.

15. DRUNKMAR1NE

DRUNKMAR1NE Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    U could put the eMaxx or erevo transmission in it then put the cover on
    It.

16. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

does the old ax10 have screw holes in the motor mount. for a cover
    there should be 3 of them

17. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    AX10 and SCX10 trans are the same.

18. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

What I thought. but unsure about ax10 scorpion. it is a bit off as it uses scx10 axles. vs the two new ax10's. that both use wraith axles.

19. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Y2daT likes this.